5 nodes on the same HDD vs 5 nodes on a separate disks

My first node run 21 months without competition and got up to 6TB. If I add the competition, I now have 7.5 TB after 23 months. At this rate, I would fill a 20TB disk in 5 years. I would be running a full 20TB disk precisely by the end of the warranty. I would spend 5 years wearing down a 20TB disk while being far from using the capacity I paid for (on average, I paid for 20TB and I used half until the warranty expiration). This is why I say it doesn’t make sense. You pay for the whole 20TB but you won’t be using it for most of its life. After 5 years (warranty) I have an unmanageable large node and I’m waiting for it to crash. With a unique IP/24, this is about all I can have (your calculation!). When it crashes I’m at ground zero.
It doesn’t mean it makes sense to buy 20 1TB disks, fill them up, then buy a 20TB disk and move the 20 nodes into the 20TB disk. There is a sweet spot somewhere in between.

Anyway, I didn’t buy any disks for Storj. I’m just thinking about what I would do if I had no hardware and wanted to start a node. I would not buy a 20TB disk…

I buy the same brand I buy cars, “Toyota”.