All messed up :|

There is something I don’t get…
If @ColdSpirit had kept the identity and data from the old node… Why re-signing it?

Anyway, there is a good chance this node will recover just because DQ for downtime is still inactive indeed… It’s probably going to delete a lot of data before reaching a stable state, and I’m guessing it’s gonna take a while to restore the online score also.

I’d be interested to know how things evolve in the following weeks, keep us in touch @ColdSpirit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi and thank you for your comment.

I just woke up and checked the node and it seems it got +7gb of bandwidth used (most of it was ingress
and a litle engress). Also the free space is now good (no -6.44Gb Free) but the satellites are still “offline”.
Printscreen:

and:

Also and again checking the logs, everything seems fine with the new wallet address. The node aparently healed itself deleting some of the data and fetching another.
At least it isnt showing any more errors.

Thank you… i thought the auth was along the data. Now everything seem to get back on rails.

Seems getting fine now =)

Thank you all for your support, advice and help!

This community is really helpful! =)

Kudos for you all.

2 Likes

So here’s what you can expect. You’re lucky that disqualification for down time is not in play. But while your node was offline, any piece that hit the repair threshold was repaired and moved to other nodes. My guess is that the majority of data on your node has been repaired to other nodes and is now garbage. This is probably why you don’t see a lot of egress. When garbage collection runs it will automatically clean up all that garbage by first moving it to trash and permanently delete it a week later. So the doen side is that you probably lost a LOT of data. However, the upside is that you get to keep your held amount and a vetted node.

There is one thing you need to look out for. Work on the uptime system is nearly done and disqualification based on downtime may be implemented soon. Your node would need to recover before this is implemented. So keep it online at all times for the best chance. Should this system be implemented before your uptime is above 60%, your node will be suspended. But, keep it online. It will for a while not get any data but still get audits to determine uptime, as soon as your node hits 60% uptime it will start to get data again and if your node is above 60% uptime by the end of the review period it will not be permanently disqualified. If you keep it online from now on, it should always survive even if uptime disqualification is implemented. You may hit temporary suspension though.

Last comment, uptime is determined by using audits. This is probably while you still saw 0% as uptime score. Since your node is holding probably mostly trash, there isn’t much data to audit yet. But by now there should have been some audits and you probably have percentages higher than 0%.

Keep in mind though, you’re very lucky that your node survived. The only reason it did was because uptime tracking was inactive. If you do this again in the future, you will be giving up your node and held amount.

6 Likes

How long is said suspension review period?

Last numbers I heard were you get 7 days to fix issues after suspension, followed by a 30 day review period. Since it looks back 30 days for the uptime percentage as well if you fix it within that week your node will always be back to 100% or close by the end of the review period.

1 Like

Hi!!

Many many thanks for your comment! I really apreciate it!
It seems everything is back on track! As i stated before, it was an infortune i had with my node, and i was so frustrated that i lost my key and needed to do a clean windows install i didn’t reinstalled the node until now.

It seems that the node is going back on track.
Here are my stats at the moment:

And here:

Will keep in mind your explanation and any change i do to the node i will ask here so i wont get in trouble in the future.

1 Like

Ahh good to see it’s recovering. As you can see most data has been moved to trash like I predicted. You may see that for a bit. Garbage collection happens in a few phases, but the bottom line is it will eventually clean up all trash and your node will be in great condition, but just with less data stored. That’ll fill up again over time though.

What’s with the free space visible on the “total disk space” doughnut chart, despite the negative number “-226.89GB” displayed on the side?

Possibly a result of the filewalker and garbage collector running at the same time. The node may have been accepting data when it shouldn’t have for a while. Shouldn’t be too big of an issue since it will soon clean up over 2.4TB of trash and there will be more than enough free space after that.

Maybe you’re right, but I would have expected the doughnut chart to show no free space at all then…
The discrepancy between the chart and numbers on its side is weird.

1 Like

Ah you were referring to the visual representation. There’s not really a good way to represent a negative number on that. I guess they just took the absolute numbers instead.

1 Like

That’s very misleading in my opinion. The visual should simply show no free space at all.

Hello everyone!
Small update!
All seem getting straight now…

I am yet to find how to create more stats with grafana or other scripts with step by step instalation :slight_smile:

Many thanks for all your comments and support!

2 Likes