Announcement: Storj to shut down europe-north-1 and us2

1TB in trash from “12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB@europe-north-1.tardigrade.io” in the past 48h on a 15TB old node

Perhaps related to this announcement.

Yep, I have 1.3TB trash on a 23TB node. Looks like clean up has started. Saves me from having to expand soon, I guess. :slight_smile:

Looks like someone push the trigger and forgot about this part :slight_smile:
Personally I’m happy with the deletion of those test data.

It was already announced in the QA section of this post close to the end.

I read this post a few days ago, and i though they will annonce a schedule about deletion also, not just the shutdown. But anyway it as started and it’s as planned :slight_smile:

Please scroll down to this part:

Q: What updates can be provided regarding the shutdown of us2 and europe-north-1?

A: At this point we are still finalizing the exact shutdown process and timing, and will communicate more about that as it is determined. But we do anticipate beginning to delete data from the satellites very soon.

Very soon is now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any idea if they are doing it by batch or are everything already be deleted?

It is being done in batches.

4 Likes

sitting with around 8TB more free/pending! looking forward to use for more real customer data

5 Likes

Sitting with 48 TB free space :sunglasses:.
Customers, please come inside! We have cookies! :cupcake::doughnut::cookie:

3 Likes

I have 180 TB of free space now.

I wonder why US2 hasn’t been shutdown first considering it only has 23TB. Currently EU-North-1 has 306TB left to delete.

they wan’t to save money.
europe had 3.28 PB = ~5k $ per month
deletion of much data is better for them.

1 Like

Will this bug be finally fixed?

Because I am still getting the message on my oldest node from Stefan satellite, and I’m pretty sure I will get more message after the 2 test satellites are decommissioned.

4 Likes

Finally

Interesting my nodes show that i have 7.6 TB from this satellite.

1 Like

Maybe it will be deleted soon by GC…?!

Yeah, it looks like it: