Are these a "lost the race to upload error", and should I worry?

I’ve only been operating nodes for a week or so, get these errors every once in a while. like every 20-30 minutes on my node with faster storage, and every 5 or 10 on the ones with slower NFS mount storage (which I know is not recommended)

2022-11-06T20:16:43.690Z        ERROR   piecestore      upload failed   {"Process": "storagenode", "Piece ID": "3FXQRJ7QCFOTVM2EGFTG4RX6PR2G224MSZURGGISJOUDYR2A4CMA", "Satellite ID": "12L9ZFwhzVpuEKMUNUqkaTLGzwY9G24tbiigLiXpmZWKwmcNDDs", "Action": "PUT", "error": "unexpected EOF", "errorVerbose": "unexpected EOF\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpcstatus.Error:82\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:349\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.DRPCPiecestoreDescription.Method.func1:220\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcmux.(*Mux).HandleRPC:33\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctracing.(*Handler).HandleRPC:61\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).handleRPC:122\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).ServeOne:66\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcserver.(*Server).Serve.func2:112\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcctx.(*Tracker).track:52", "Size": 0}

And then on m slower nodes I get this once in a while:

2022-11-06T19:31:38.855-0800    ERROR   piecestore      upload failed   {"Process": "storagenode", "Piece ID": "DYVE7TZNXFHLVY25TCSK7YNAJMSZWDOGDLF7FDBDGJWARFKBXJPA", "Satellite ID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S", "Action": "PUT", "error": "use of closed network connection", "errorVerbose": "use of closed network connection\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcstream.(*Stream).rawFlushLocked:356\n\tstorj.io/drpc/drpcstream.(*Stream).MsgSend:408\n\tstorj.io/common/pb.(*drpcPiecestore_UploadStream).SendAndClose:288\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload.func6:437\n\tstorj.io/common/rpc/rpctimeout.Run.func1:22", "Size": 2816}

Are these normal to get once in a while, and is there a frequency level that I should worry about a problem with my node?

thanks!

It is normal. It means someone beat you at downloading the file.(upload in the log means you are downloading the file, it is from the point of the satellite.)
Also see sticky for common things that shows up in the log.

Hello @EasyRhino,
Welcome to the forum!

Yes these errors kind of “lost race” for uploads. This should be especially noticeable on the node with NFS storage (you will have problems with it sooner or later anyway, so I would suggest to redo this setup as soon as possible and run the node on the server with local storage).