August 8, 2023, Ethereum Layer 1 and zkSync payouts for the month of July are complete

Good point, this spread does look quite large. I usually check current price at coinbase, and then compare with what’s available on zigzag.

So far in vast majority of cases storj/USDT happened to be pretty close to “market” and storj/USDC from horrible to nonexistent. I suspect it’s related to day of the week/time of day, but I did not look close enough.

Ultimately, node does not pay enough for these differences to amount to more than few bucks. If it was hundreds or thousands of dollars - it would definitely be worth trying to “time the market” to some degree (which is technically should be impossible, but at such a low liquidity might as well be)

Yep. There’s a 10% bonus.

4 Likes

If you know how to get out storj token from zksync (other than L1 transfer), I would love to hear that. Maybe this could be possible benefit of Era over legacy zksync?

Thats my exact issue, I noticed my exchange that I use have added ETH on zksync era so I think its slowly coming and might make it alot more reasonable to use it.

Do you want to move STORJ token to another network or you actually need to get token value? You can convert to stablecoin and then use that wherever.

I personally do this:

1. STORJ on zkSync → USDT on zkSync | via zigzag
  2. USDT on zkSync → (any other chain that BitRefill supports) | via Orbiter
  3. Buy Prepaid Mastercard on BitRefill.

No, L1, no KYC involved in the process. Cost – orbiter fee, which is fixed, so asymptotically approaches zero the more money you move.

1 Like

Yeah, I am doing similar thing, we have written about this few weeks back.

I would like to sell Storj on L2 exchange, but for the market price, not the current Zigzag price/spread (which is like this for at least few days). I have checked Era exchanges (maverick, iziswap, velocore…), none of those can exchange Storj…?
My options:

1. pay $4 for L1 transfer to an exchange listing storj pair
  2. get $8 less because of ZigZag spread and then bridge

Don`t see L2 benefit in storj user case right now.

2 Likes

We still haven’t succeeded at porting over to zkSync Era (silly process reasons, nothing substantial), but I noticed that Binance announced support for zkSync Era, has anyone tried that?

there is no storj support for this, only eth itself.

1 Like

Yes, I just withdrew $10 eth from binance to zksync era fee 0.0003 eth

And yes storj withdraw defaults to ethereum erc20 and can’t be changed