Auto-update failing since 23/9

My node just went offline, logging this:

2020-09-26T10:45:29.670+0700    INFO    contact:service context cancelled       {"Satellite ID": "118UWpMCHzs6CvSgWd9BfFVjw5K9pZbJjkfZJexMtSkmKxvvAW"}

2020-09-26T10:45:30.947+0700 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “outdated software version (v1.11.1), please update”}

In the updater.log I have this:

2020-09-23T01:00:39.688+0700	INFO	Version is up to date	{"Service": "storagenode"}
2020-09-23T01:00:39.688+0700	INFO	Version is up to date	{"Service": "storagenode-updater"}
2020-09-23T01:15:38.115+0700	INFO	Downloading versions.	{"Server Address": "https://version.storj.io"}
2020-09-23T01:15:39.313+0700	INFO	New version is being rolled out but hasn't made it to this node yet	{"Service": "storagenode"}
2020-09-23T01:15:39.323+0700	INFO	New version is being rolled out but hasn't made it to this node yet	{"Service": "storagenode-updater"}

The last 3 lines then repeat every 15 mins.

I recently had to re-install, after a disk connection failure resulted in DQ. Config and log file locations are in non-default dirs, but the binaries remain in default dir. I’m wondering whether I made a mistake with the auto-updater config, as I had to edit it in the registry. Here is the start cmd line from the services applet:

"C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode-updater.exe" run --config-dir "J:\Storj1\\" --binary-location "C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe" --log.output "winfile:///C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode-updater.log"

Please, just wait when the cursor will be moved and your node will be eligible to update. The minimum version has been rolled back, so, please restart the service.

Thanks @Alexey, but it’s too late, I updated manually last night, as my node had been offline for hours.

I posted an update last night, but thanks to the forum s/w failing to save it, it was lost. Luckily I copied it:

PS: while doing the manual upgrade I noticed that while my dashboard was still showing v1.11.1 the executables were already at version 1.12.3 - and have been for weeks! Clicking the refresh button on the dash changed it to the current version.

I thought that maybe my manual changes had broken the upgrade system, but it seems that an auto-upgrade has happened since, so this must be a glitch in the upgrade system.

Kind regards,
Peter.

My run of bad luck continues. Today, one of my QNAP NAS spat out two of its 4 drives again. This is a notorious problem with many of their models, but I thought I had fixed the hardware. This time it seems I have lost the contents of the entire array. So here goes my 2nd node.

I really don’t know where to go from here. Maybe I’ll sell the NAS boxes and build myself a server.

Kind regards,
Peter.

What is the model of your QNAP ? Maybe someone here can shed more light on the issue.

It’s a TS-431, but there are many more models concerned by this design fault (MOSFETS overheating). There is a big topic about it on the QNAP forum.

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=134212

Update: yesterday QNAP support recovered my array. I don’t think much of their hardware, but their support is excellent at times. It’s well out of warranty and it seems their service is free.

My node is running again, still with 100% scores.

2 Likes