Bandwidth parameters

In my country, it’s not being considerate when you actually disregards any of the concerns of the other one in front of you who has actually witnessed the network problems in terms of what we are speaking here. And is even working in this field. So I m sorry but yeah pretty much inconsiderate in my culture.

EDIT: I have obviously answers to all those remarks but since I m a new user I can’t post anything more until 20 hours have passed. So see you tomorrow for the replies

:rofl: Not sure you understand storj… You can saturate your internet with a rpi4 just as well as with your ryzen…

Well did you actually experience any latency issues due to storj? Do you have proof that your latency is higher?

1 Like

Im not only running a rpi4 and im also running 2 other nodes on the same network which I have seen 300Mbit+ with just my rpi4. Again if your concerned about latency you really shouldn’t run a node in the first place. For the overhead yes it is indeed important if you knew anything about how programs work you don’t want another thing slowing the node down. If its not a big deal to add the ablity to limit bandwidth in a program which is running a node I dont see why it would be a big deal to use your router to limit bandwidth. Because if you add something new to your node your just adding another failing point to cause issues.

If your internet can’t handle uploading anything that would be the only thing causing latency issues because your limiting your download when your uploading.

In short - the network will recover lost pieces, but your node will fail audits for those pieces.
If it fail too much - it will be disqualified and all its held amount will be used as a payment for recovering pieces to other nodes.

You can search on the forum other methods to limit the speed besides the router. However, your node(s) will see “context canceled” much often than without the limit. And they will receive much less income. But it’s up on you.

If you want to create a feature request, please, post it here: Storage Node feature requests - voting - Storj Community Forum (official)

2 Likes