Bye bye for now

Right, I forgot that you had 2 nodes. And yeah, it’s hard to get the stats from a shut down node of course. Thanks for this though, it does help, but it’s not enough information to get an idea about why you saw less ingress in total. (Earnings estimator would predict the total you get per IP, not per node, in this situation) It gets a little complicated when there are 2 vetting periods involved, but I still wouldn’t expect total performance to deviate so much from the predictions. I have a feeling that it might be because I calculate deletes as a percentage of total storage, but don’t account for most deletes hitting recently uploaded data. So I underestimate the pressure of deletes on younger nodes. I’ll keep an eye out for that. Thanks!

Well when you flatout deny something I said, only one of us can be right.

And I provided a link that shows you that in fact ALL days more ETH is created than burned. There is just a small amount of days on which that is not the case if you don’t count staking rewards (which I would agree should probably not be counted as for now those are locked on the beacon chain). You also at the least heavily suggested that the total ethereum issuance went negative since the london fork.

Here

and here

That didn’t sound like you were talking about individual blocks, but rather a consistent trend.

I didn’t respond because you didn’t really bring up anything new. I had already explained that it works and payouts are going out. It didn’t seem useful to continue the “yes it does”, “no it doesn’t” back and forth.

No need to assume, I’m not aware of any and if I do come across one, I’ll certainly post it here on the forum. We’ve seen one of the founders of the numio app on the forum promise that trading on zkSync will be implemented in their app soon though. So might want to keep an eye on that.

Well, that’s kind of the problem with absolute statements like “it doesn’t work”. My response would simply be: “I’m getting paid almost every month… seems to work just fine”. It’s not a black or white thing. Saying it doesn’t work suggests nobody is getting paid ever. We both agree there are problems with the system as it is. So it’s somewhere in between. I’d rather discuss specific issues than make broad statements about it working or not.

I see what you’re getting at here, but I’m pretty sure this assumes a single currency market. You noticed already that you can’t just apply GDP here, which is a result of this difference. That was kind of my point. This isn’t just basic economics, it’s a super volatile market with many variables impacting value.
While it’s true that reduction in supply (or even a slower increase in supply as it is in this case) puts pressure on the price. This impact isn’t large. We can actually isolate that relatively easily. Before the london hard fork, we saw in a year time a roughly 5% increase in total supply of ETH. So all other things staying equal, that would cause 5% inflation. Extrapolating the supply increase since the london hard fork to a year, the new inflation would be around 2.3%. So at most this change would have an impact of 2.7% on the value over a years time. Since the transaction costs multiplied many times over, this can’t possibly explain that. In fact 2.7% over a year is basically negligible in volatile crypto markets.

Btw, will you be joining the Node Operator Fireside Discussion ? Would be great to have you there so you can address some of your concerns with Storj directly!
Edit: I see you already added questions in that topic, awesome!

1 Like