Change docker run command on next release

I used the recommended command line to run the latest version quick. I used to set it :latest, now I have a specific version in the docker run command instead. Should I stop my node to change it back to latest or should I wait until next release?

You should change to latest. However with self-updating images it doesn’t matter too much.
Just do not forget to pull the latest before run

Thanks. I had to run

docker stop -t 300 storagenode
docker rm storagenode
docker image rm storjlabs/storagenode:latest
docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:latest

And then run my ordinary docker run command.

Don’t do that on raspberry pi’s atm as there is no latest release for it yet.

It depends on architecture only. We doesn’t have a latest image for arm 32 bit (armv6, armv7).
My raspberry pi 3B+ has been updated just fine. It also runs Ubuntu 64 bit instead of Debian.

1 Like

We have a new docker image for arm nodes (not tagged as latest yet). You can try it out: storagenode:ef5451de7-v1.52.0-rc-go1.17.5

1 Like

v1.52.0? My testnet node isn’t even updated beyond 1.51.2 yet?

1 Like

The issues with the docker image are more around not beeing able to start it. The storage node version it will run at the end doesn’t matter because even the “old” version will be downloaded from github the same way the new version will get downloaded later on. So as long as the storage node comes up the docker image should be fine.

Ahh you’re right of course. I guess I’m still getting used to the new process. But yeah, it’ll just download whatever version your node should be on. (probably v1.50.4 atm)