Changelog v1.12.3

One update on the downtime tracking topic:

If you managed to collect too much downtime you will get suspended first. The satellite gives you 7 days to fix the issue and additional 30 days later the satellite will make a decsision. So lets say we are strict and would suspend for 48 hours downtime and you managed to be offline for 2 days in a row. You get your storage node back online but these 48 hours of downtime will not go away for the next 30 days. You would be suspended for 30 days. Luckily the final decision is 7 days later. By that time you should have managed to get out of suspension mode and continue just fine.

On the other side it is also possible to collect 47 hours of downtime without trigger suspension mode. These 47 hours have been now 28 days ago. Now you are offline for 1 additional hour and that gets you into suspension mode. 1 hour later the old downtime expires and gets out of scope. You get out of suspension mode. Remember the final decision is 37 days later. Let’s say you have a perfect uptime score for 35 days but then you go offline again. Right at the moment it is time for the final decision and you managed to get suspended again. That would trigger disqualification.

Note: The 48 hours are only used to make this example a bit easier. It gets a bit complicated if I try to explain it with 288 hours allowed downtime. I expect that all these numbers will change. I only want to explain what you have to do when you get suspended and what you should avoid in order to not get disqualified. I hope my explaination was not too confusing.

10 Likes