Changelog v1.18.1

yeah because it is uncommon to have a changelog and no update. And by the time you get the uptime, you have forgotten about the changelog :smiley:

1 Like

just run it without -d. It will print errors to console

1 Like

is it in cmd or must run in power shel? tried in cmd got error

In the cmd, but you should either use a full path with quotes or change the current location to the binary location

So as i found in help it shold be somethink like this
storagenode.exe setup --config-dir D:\
then it wil make there map storage with default conf and all databases is it posible that it dont make this folder storage, i just then need to add this by defauld to path in config.

Yes, add the --storage.path D:\

Where is the test file located and what is it named?
Will it be created automatically during upgrade for existing nodes running on docker in linux?

As you can see it :arrow_down:

Well - yes and no. It could mean that only new nodes after this release will receive this feature and existing nodes will continue to monitor the same way they’re doing today…
(Wouldn’t make much sense tho’)

1 Like

It means unless you are new and start the node with the new command it wouldnt make a difference. Or if you stop the node removed container and started node with the new command.

That could contradict @nerdatwork 's statement above… As I read your post, I would only benefit from this addition protection feature if I manually took action to start an existing node once with the -e SETUP="true" option once.

1 Like

Yes which you wouldn’t do. Unless you were starting a completely new node.
You can see the new updated command here.
https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/storage-node

It doesn’t really explain if people with old docker commands should run it or not. But if your an old SNO you should already have nodes running, So you wouldn’t really need to do it less you were unsure if you were in the wrong dir or not.

Agreed.

However, the check seems to be an additional safeguard for drives becoming unavailable as RW mounts as well. (like we’ve seen so many threads on ie. USB drives, causing issues in the past)

And if so - I guess it would be beneficial for existing nodes as well.

I could try but unfortunately I switched my test nodes over to binary files now.

I believe this was already introduced before 1.18.1.

Indeed.

But as far as I recall it wasn’t based on a file check… ?

It was based on if the file was writeable or not and it would check every 30mins or so.

Lets wait for clarification from someone at Storj :slight_smile:

(It’s 4am here, not sure I’m making much sense anyway… )

1 Like

Good idea there’s been so many updates recently I honestly can’t remember all the details I’d have to go back and read every change log.

It’s about a file “storage-dir-verification” in the database directory

Itried this ““C:\Program Files\Storj2\Storage Node\storagenode.exe””", setup --storage2.database-dir F:\ --storage.path F:\ --config-dir F:
It works for directory put dont make databases at all