Changelog v1.22.2

One of my docker nodes is now updated to the new V1.22.2, and I noticed a weird INFO line in my logs after starting it:

“INFO failed to sufficiently increase receive buffer size (was: 176 kiB, wanted: 2048 kiB, got: 352 kiB). See UDP Receive Buffer Size · lucas-clemente/quic-go Wiki · GitHub for more details”

Initially, I saw the message about UDP and remembered the post about changing port forwarding rules to “both” for TCP and UDP, which I did, although after stopping and restarting the node after the update, I still got that message.

so went over to this page, and found this description.

Could someone at storj confirm that the recommended maximum buffer size increase on the page is something that we should do on linux systems?

Edit: I went ahead and ran that command, and stopped, and started the node and didn’t see that message again. Although, now I’m curious, should we be changing our port forwarding rules to “both” after this update?

-oops, just re-read the changelog, says don’t worry about changing port forwarding protocol. Will it hurt anything if I just leave it as is?

1 Like