Computer Sleep mode

I’m new to storage node just got my account set up, my question is how can I set up my computer setting’s to maximize performance as well as consume less power.
I guess mostly I’m wondering if my computer can go into sleep mode and stay online, and if no would it be best to set up settings to shutdown back ground programs when not in use?

Sleep mode would not work as far as I know, but you can configure your PC to save energy, e.g. you can disable the CPU frequency boost in the BIOS, disable hardware that is not needed (like sound card) etc.
The less background jobs your PC is doing, the less energy it would consume usually.

1 Like

Hello @duramax4win,
Welcome to the forum!

These statements contradicts each other, your server will be either sleep (offline) or online, not both. So the answer is - No, it must be online 24/7.
However, you can use a low powered devices like raspberry pi:

and/or use a renewable energy:

or at least reduce a power consumption as suggested by @striker43

By the way, we usually suggest to use the existing hardware, which will be online anyway, like NAS or home media/game/mining/etc. server. In this case any income will be a pure profit and nice discount to your power bills.

2 Likes