CPU Requirement Storj V3 Node

What about number of cores required for multiple nodes (via Docker on separate HDDs) on 1 system? Now that Storj is in production, my disk space usage added per day has increased significantly and soon I will need to add more drives (just one at a time) to keep up with the growth.

Depending on how powerful your cpu is you can run 1 node per core but if your cpu is weak you will need to dedicate more then 1 core per node just to keep up with the amount of data.

What is your idea of weak? My CPU is Intel Celeron G4900 3.1GHz dual core/dual threads. Does that limit me to just 2 nodes? If so what CPU would be recommended if I want to run 4 nodes on this system (as I can always upgrade the CPU)?

I would say older celerons with only dual core or even 4 cores would stuggle, But your cpu is pretty new you can handle running 2 nodes probably pretty well, If it was quad core id say you could run 4 nodes but its really pushing the limits on IO with slower systems not designed for high traffic, You would be putting some limits on ethernet on the controller at that point… I would also run with no GUI to help with the overhead to help putting no extra load on the cpu. Also keep in mind that running more then 1 node on a single computer would act as 1 node.