Dashboard reporting disk is almost full when in reality its half full?

Yes, you can do that. You may also disable a scan on startup, if your node is on 1.105.x version and you do not have any other usage on that disk except storagenode.

1 Like

It seems that I have this issue too on all my Synology nodes. The db-es are on SSD flash drive and they work great, so no lagging there. The startup piecescan is disabled, but was run a few months ago, before all this massive testing.
Something in the storagenode software dosen’t keep the correct used space tracking.
For example, on Exos 22TB drive I have this:

DSM:
20.23TB occupied
1.76TB free
total 21.99TB

Dashboard:
21TB occupied
0.99TB free
total 21.99TB

So, after conversion to Si units (TB=1000GB), Dashboard shows 0.77TB more space occupied than OS.
So I miss the payout for 0.77TB because of buggy node software.

This wouldn’t affect the payout, because it’s calculated differently (unfortunately or luckily?), it uses the signed orders instead.

But, if you doesn’t have any errors related to databases or filewalkers in your logs and you run 1.105.x, there shouldn’t be a difference.
1.104.x has a bug related to not updated databases, when the trash filewalker didn’t update databases after finishing its work. However, this can be solved by a used-space-filewalker on restart (if you didn’t disable it).