Debugging space usage discrepancies

First time poster longtime lurker, so far all of the posts and information have helped me solve a lot of things, but this is the first time that i need to post something to get help as i am totally out of ideas even though i´ve browsed so many topics.

I don’t know if it belongs in this topic and if its 100% related to this.

Right now i have assigned 5.3TB to the node but the GUI is reporting 0,88 free which does not add up with the actual storage used.

/dev/sda1 ext4 6.0T 5.4T 302G 95% /mnt/storj

2024-01-19T07:54:23Z    INFO    lazyfilewalker.gc-filewalker.subprocess gc-filewalker completed {"process": "storagenode", "satelliteID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S", "process": "storagenode", "piecesCount": 19444598, "piecesSkippedCount": 0}
2024-01-19T07:55:08Z    INFO    lazyfilewalker.gc-filewalker    subprocess finished successfully        {"process": "storagenode", "satelliteID": "12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3S"}

And the strange thing is, whenever i restart the node, it just resets the storage used and jump back up to 1,08TB free, every single time i restart the node.

Slowly but surely i am worried that if this keeps up that the disk is gonna get filled to the max and that i am gonna get screwed.

I followed the other thread to see if i that would be something but its not exactly the same:
https://forum.storj.io/t/the-node-does-not-recheck-the-occupied-space-and-therefore-the-disk-is-full

Node is running v1.94.2.
storage2.piece-scan-on-startup: true, is also enabled.

1 Like