Dozens of files disappeared from my free account

Nothing got deleted though, I can confirm that. I did all the deleting myself. I had around 33000 segments cause I was testing small files.

2 Likes

That makes more sense and aligns with what I remember. Disappearing files sounded weird in connection with this, but nobody seemed to mention that that isn’t what’s happening. Thanks for clarifying!

2 Likes

Still, the fact is that from my account dozens of files got deleted, I didn’t get any technical explanation for this at the moment here/in private msg, still waiting, really hope those files didn’t just got deleted, I have great hopes from this service…

Did @brandon PM you? Did you reply?

Did you create a help desk account and create a support ticket like @heunland requested?

3 Likes

I replied, didn’t open the ticket

Please indicate where you filed your support ticket, did you sign up for an account on the help desk? Please DM me which email address you used to sign up, since I did not see any tickets regarding your issue have been filed yet. I apologize if we somehow missed your submission but we are actively looking for your ticket now. Be sure to sign up with the same email that you used for the Storj DCS account.

1 Like

I submitted a ticket

2 Likes

Thanks for generating a ticket, I am trying to verify the existence of the files. We have not had an instance of files being deleted, the issue should be that you cannot access them due to licensing restrictions on the free account and max segments. Once you add a credit card to your account it should then make you a pro account and the max segments shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

I think there might be an alternate issue here, and a quick guess is that some of your files might have a different passphrase. You can confirm this by executing uplink ls sj://foo --encrypted where foo is your bucket name.

I have just received confirmation and your account is now a Pro account. Take a look to see if you can retrieve files and if you don’t see the missing files please execute the command above using uplink.

6 Likes

In the initial check, it looks like they exist, I will do a thorough check in the following month to make sure they are all there.
Regarding the mixed passphrase, it may be true that the account has multiple passphrases, but I’m 100% sure that all the files were uploaded by the same passphrase, so the issue is not there.

I’m glad the initial check looks promising. Please do let us know if you discover any missing files. Regarding mixed passphrase, I was mostly curious to see if we needed to do some testing on our end in the event that mixed passphrase exhibits some side effects that we are unaware of.