Earnings calculator (Update 2024-04-14: v13.4.0 - Additional info on uncollected garbage and unpaid data - Detailed earnings info and health status of your node, including vetting progress)

@BrightSilence, Can you run this script for Dec 2019 and again Jan 2020.
Does the withheld amount increase for you against steffan b satelline in Jan 2020? If yes, what about Feb 2020?

It seems the script doesn’t increase the withheld amount for steffan b satellite after Jan 2020 for me. However the dashboard showed a continuous increase from Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, and started slowing down in May and June was almost quiet traffic.

However the script doesn’t show any increase in withheld amount for stefan b satellite after Jan 2020, it’s always the same until GE was completed in mid June. Something seems fishy…

For my node December was the last month payout was held back for that satellite. So that would be correct. How old is your node?

Can you show screenshots of the issue you’re seeing? I’m not really following what your issue is.

Does your node Dashboard (GUI) show the same held amount as what’s returned in the earning script?

The dashboard doesn’t show the returned amount at all. But the total remaining held amount matches what the script says.

1 Like

Strangely the dashboard for stefan b held amount kept increasing after Jan 2020 (0% held amount) based on the script. But the dashboard kept going up in $ amount for every month until I GE.

Now that Payout’s have been completed for June period I am trying to reconcile for June payout and the GE and what I saw in Dashboard at the time of GE for stefan b wasn’t what I see now in July due to dashboard now showing -0 for all months. I should have taken screenshots of the dashboard in June prior to GE.

I am also seeing variance in dashboard (for all satellite) earnings vs the script earnings total in USD. They don’t match precisely.

I’m still not entirely sure where you saw the difference. But I stand behind the numbers the earnings script shows. Your node probably started in March 2019 and simply didn’t have any held back after December anymore. There are only held back amounts for the first 9 months.

The differences you see in calculation of the earnings calculator and the payouts for months you find on the dashboard are because the earnings calculator uses the nodes own bookkeeping to calculate what it should have been paid, rather then using the payout information reported back by the satellite. this is the reason of existence of this script. It’s there to double check the payout calculation done by the satellite. They don’t always match entirely, but they should at least be very close. If not, it’s worth doing some investigating.

Oh I don’t doubt the script, I suspect a bug in Dashboard (GUI) where the withheld amount kept increasing for my node for stefan b satellite that was on 0% held amount. Due to this increase every month it reach approx $178 USD in June so I decided to complete GE as the sum was to large to ignore.

After the GE was successfully completed the dashboard now shows -0 for all months for stefan b satellite and I cannot provide proof where dashboard (GUI) was showing the $178 value in June which is a large difference in the earnings script for June compare.

Held amount -0 for all previous months for stefan b…

GE successfully completed, and payout close to earnings script but not exact.

Yes, this is what I am referring in my second point moving forward for all other satellites still active, I am seeing small variances between dashboard earnings and script total earnings. Here are a few examples:

It all looks correct now at least. I know there was some issue with bad data on the dashboard that has later been corrected, but I didn’t think that involved held amount as well. Either way, I think everything seems to be correct now.

Though that June dashboard report sure looks weird if the return isn’t displayed, but is included in the total. I believe that is being added soon though. In the mean time the earnings script can clarify what’s going on.

Well, after GE the data shows -0, but my mistake was not taking a screenshot or two beforehand as proof. In any case, it’s too late now…

All I can do moving forward is review the months where variance is large ie May 2020.

Also the token’s received don’t reflect the exact $ value in USD either, even if you use etherscan “show value at time of transaction”, it’s below what should have been paid. This is now another matter to address as well :frowning:

Looks like i’ll be going over a few months manually to cross check payment (script) vs dashboard earnings vs actual payment received in storj.

• Thanks for the script :+1:

Check December and earlier. I’m pretty sure you’ll still see the held amounts there.

Unfortunately that feature is far from accurate. There can be a long time between the transaction and the snapshot of the exchange rate they use for that. I recommend doing it the other way around. Calculate the exchange rate that would have been used for the transaction based on payout on the dashboard and tokens received and judge whether that’s reasonable for that day.

I think I confused you. The -0 held back amount for Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, wasn’t -0 before GE was done mid June. It had values and the TOTAL Held for this satellite in June was at 178 (via dashboard). Script says otherwise and total held amount stopped in Jan.

The total held amount says 0 even in Nov or Dec etc after GE.

The total always shows current data as far as I can tell. I understood what you said, but there is no way we can check that now. We’ll have to assume it’s now fixed. But I would still expect the held amount to be listed like this for the earlier months.

This value is 0 regardless if past month.

The issue I mentioned in my first point earlier was that total held amount kept increasing after Jan 2020, even though held amount rate was 0%. Unfortunately I did not screenshot this as evidence after I ran GE.

Right, like I said, the total always shows the current value. Only that top overview shows historic information. So…

I meant there.

But yeah, the issue you had seems to be fixed, so nothing to do now.

Yea, too late now.
Moving on to May 2020 earnings script paid is lower than dashboard, any ideas why?

Compensation for lost payout for saltlake in the previous month due to delays in processing.

1 Like

Just wanted to point out this post.

Typo aside, this user asks what’s wrong when his suspension score is at 100%. This is why I flipped it around. If you name the score after the negative effect, people assume high numbers are bad.

Edit: another example:

And now here:

2 Likes

Just a small update today. Storj seems to have switched to using 720 hour months to align with exactly 30 days, instead of the actual average hours per month of ~730. Effectively this means we get paid for $1.50 for storing data 30 days instead of for storing data an average calendar month. This means we’re making slightly more than the earnings calculator was displaying. This has now been fixed and numbers should better align with what’s shown on the web dashboard. In my case the numbers are now exactly the same across web dashboard and earnings calculator.

Changelog

v9.3.1 - Change hours per month to 720

• Storj has started to use 720 hours per month in calculating payout, this update changes the earnings calculator to use the same
7 Likes

hm… storj 1.12.3

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately my nodes are all on docker, so it’ll be a while until I get this update and can provide an update to the earnings calculator. Apologies for the slight delay, but I’ll get to it when I can.

4 Likes