Earnings calculator (Update 2024-04-14: v13.4.0 - Additional info on uncollected garbage and unpaid data - Detailed earnings info and health status of your node, including vetting progress)

I have a pretty big update today. Due to the upcoming changes to payouts as well as upcoming community satellites, the calculator needed to be updated to be able to handle different payout schemes per satellite. This required some more extensive changes to both the code and layout as payout details were hard coded before and the layout didn’t allow for different payout schemes. I used this opportunity to also split out storage, egress and repair payouts on the per satellite view to aid in making decisions to exit specific satellites.
As part of this change, the listed payout rates in the top overview now show a calculated weighted average across satellites. While per satellite payout rates are listed in the bottom overview.

I’m looking forward to your feedback. Since this was a larger refactor than normal, issues might occur. Please feel free to report them and I will look into fixing them asap.

Note: this new version uses pricing.db to source payout information. If you copy db’s before running the script, make sure you include this db from now on.

Known issues

• Payout details in the storagenode db’s do not include historic information. As a result, internal calculations for payouts in historic months will display wrong information if a satellite has changed payout schemes since then. There isn’t much I can do about this unless Storj Labs chooses to add historic data for this.
  • When satellites use a long name and you have a warning status, the layout may break. This won’t happen on current production satellites, but might happen on test/community satellites or future production satellites if the names are longer.

Changelog

v13.0.0 - Refactor for different payout schemes per satellite

• Calculate weighted average payout per TB for top overview
  • Add payout scheme per satellite
  • Split out payouts for storage, egress and repair/audit
  • Add estimated total by end of month to per satellite overview
  • Change layout to keep output compact with newly data added
  • Source payout data from pricing.db instead of hard coded (note: new db required to use the script)
10 Likes