ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed. tls peer certificate verification error: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert

Please, check that your identity folder contains all 6 files.

yes it has all 6 files was one of the first things I checked

It does not have no one audit and not checked-in on any satellites except us2.
If you have a backup of the identity I would recommend to restore it from backup and sign it with a new authorization token.
If you do not have a backup, then I would like to suggest you to remove this identity and its data and create a new one, sign it with a new authorization token and start with clean storage.

I never replaced the identity only the instalation files that are the same each install I have had data moving all day and my balance going up I donā€™t really want to mess with it while itā€™s working if you think i should just bin my progress I will probably not bother with storj as all instructions for instalation were followed to the letter and I have seen plenty of data my only concern is the node errors and it makes no sense that it works fine on 1 node and not the others

Please, at least check your identity: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity#confirm-the-identity and post results.
Because at the moment your node have data only from customers of the us2 satellite.

i think that was the 3rd thing i tried and it was fine would it not also have kicked me on that node if there was some issue with identity ?

you have access to my email address send me an email and i will give you access to the machine running the node if you really want to dig into it

It is online only on us2. This is concerns me. Perhaps we have a bug in the us2 setup which allows to connect with unsigned or broken identity.
But even then it has 0.72 online score on that satellite and 0% on others.

Do you have a backup of the identity? If so, please, try to replace your current one with identity from the backup and then sign it with a new authorization token.

I would like to suggest you to create a new identity, sign it and setup a second node on the 28968 port. Then we can compare results.
Maybe itā€™s some aggressive firewall or antivirus which blocks an access from the satellites but I doubt it - the error

does not leave me a choice - this is clearly states that your identity is not signed or broken.

Please, give me result of the check, include command which you called: Step 5. Create an Identity - Storj Docs

the node was created using https://documentation.storj.io/setup/gui-windows then https://documentation.storj.io/setup/gui-windows/storage-node only thing different is the drive letter

right now its about 25% blobs and the rest 2021-02-23T02:05:49.185Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {ā€œSatellite IDā€: ā€œ12EayRS2V1kEsWESU9QMRseFhdxYxKicsiFmxrsLZHeLUtdps3Sā€, ā€œattemptsā€: 9, ā€œerrorā€: ā€œping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 125ue2JQzRLbWDrizixbNDJkzkn2N1wgQDWxSHTg6waLTTngJmN) at address 86.166.102.245:28967: rpc: tls peer certificate verification error: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA certā€, ā€œerrorVerboseā€: ā€œping satellite error: failed to dial storage node (ID: 125ue2JQzRLbWDrizixbNDJkzkn2N1wgQDWxSHTg6waLTTngJmN) at address 86.166.102.245:28967: rpc: tls peer certificate verification error: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:141\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:95\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:92\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57ā€}

honestly this is way to much drama for the 5p i have accumulated on the node you guys need to make this way more simple to setup and trouble shoot if i am getting all this from following the install instructions to the letter

every time i try the things you say it just adds downtime i dont want to lose the 30gb i have stored or get kicked from only node that works and i honestly think that if i had another node it would do the same if its the same instructions

this is installed on a fresh copy of windows 10 64 bit windows firewall has the port forwarded same for the router and this is on a 1gb/1gb connection

if your sure i have an issue and its not the network i will just wipe everything and wait until you guys have a simple .exe install because even with a reasonable amount of experience and following the guides to the letter it does not work how you intend

We have thousands of operators, who successfully setup and run Windows nodes, so I can assume that itā€™s doable.
The error you reported is similar to error from @jpiix:

and the reason was a broken identity

This is why I asked you to check it again, even if it was checked before. I do not know, how is it messed up in your case, but now your node working only with us2 satellite and offline on others.
So, if you followed the instruction you should have a backup of the identity. Please, restore your identity from that backup and sign it with a new authorization token - this should fix a broken parts and your NodeID will not change, thus you will not lose anything.

However, if you do not have a backup, I would like to suggest you to create a new identity with name storagenode2 and install the second node with a different external port.
Since your first broken node is a Windows GUI node, you should use a Docker version for the second node or Windows Toolbox made by @Vadim, itā€™s not officially supported, but itā€™s allow you to setup more than one Windows GUI node.

Please, give me result of the command in PowerShell

ls "$env:AppData\Storj\Identity\storagenode"

i will start again from scratch if its the same again i will just bail on this i have had a friend of mine that is way better than me at this stuff take a look and he cant see anything wrong he will be watching the install for the 2nd node to double check its correct

You can do not erase anything. Uninstall the GUI, generate a new identity with a different name and install the GUI point to a new second identity and the new folder on the disk. If it would work - then you can either try to fix the first identity or remove it and its data completely.

i am not going to start a 2nd node plus add the complexity of using extra software for a 2nd node i donā€™t want this one is already a pain to deal with

just to triple check i had my friend restore the identity backup and and create a new identity token its still exactly the same so if your still sure issue is my end i will walk away now because either my node is somehow broken in a way that makes no sense or you have a server on your side that is not secure and is sending data when it shouldnā€™t either way it seems storj has an issue that needs solving again i am more than happy to provide team viewer or other access to the computer the node is on if you want to find the issue before i delete it

tried a few more things

moved node to a different pc with fresh install of windows ( only thing on the network )
different internet connection
removed firewall /threat protection thatā€™s built into windows
restored identity again
generated new identity token again

also checked to see if any blocked traffic or anti ddos on router

still same issue get traffic on the 1 satellite and nothing on others

been reading that there is a way to whitelist satellites anything else i can try ?

since those changes i have seen way more data than the rest of the day but still nothing on the other satellites

The check of validity of the identity was disabled on us2. It will be fixed soon, thank you for find that!
The bad news that this identity is broken somehow. You are the first one with this problem.
Please, generate a new identity, sign it with a new authorization token and start from scratch.

so after all this just delete 45gb and start over is your advice

so i got a new node id and there is now 0 errors its got to be a bad identity as it only took 10m to gen keys on the old one and nearly 1h on the new one

The time to generate an identity is fully random. It can take a couple of minutes to several hours depending on the CPU power andā€¦ your ā€œluckā€.

A fast generation doesnā€™t mean the identity is broken :slight_smile:

i think something was up with the token to be honest just for fun i generated 10 keys in under 30m with 16 thread on 9900k at 5ghz the same cpu took 1h on the new token even factoring in luck something was up given everything is solid now and only difference is the token