Errors in STORJ3 0.19 logs

I often have 3 types of errors in the logs.
Can I get a description of them and the cause of the occurrence.
I would like to improve the performance of my node.

2019-08-28T09:41:51.065Z ERROR server piecestore protocol: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled
storj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:242
storj.io/storj/pkg/pb._Piecestore_Upload_Handler:851
storj.io/storj/pkg/server.(*Server).logOnErrorStreamInterceptor:23
google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).processStreamingRPC:1127
google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).handleStream:1178
google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).serveStreams.func1.1:696

2019-08-28T09:41:59.476Z ERROR server piecestore protocol: rpc error: code = Internal desc = transport: transport: the stream is done or WriteHeader was already called
storj.io/storj/storagenode/piecestore.(*Endpoint).Upload:324
storj.io/storj/pkg/pb._Piecestore_Upload_Handler:851
storj.io/storj/pkg/server.(*Server).logOnErrorStreamInterceptor:23
google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).processStreamingRPC:1127
google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).handleStream:1178
google.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).serveStreams.func1.1:696

2019-08-28T09:42:48.673Z ERROR server rpc error: code = PermissionDenied desc = untrusted peer 1QzDKGHDeyuRxbvZhcwHU3syxTYtU1jHy5duAKuPxja3XC8ttk

Greetings, and welcome to the network! I cannot give you a description of the errors, because I am not a developer, but I have had these errors when I first started my node as well. ERROR server piecestore protocol: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled maybe due to the connection being blocked by something, or the port is not open. First, got to https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/. Then, edit the port number to be 28967. Then, just click Check. Make sure you whitelist this program if you have a 3rd party antivirus. If you are on Windows, you can leave Windows Defender on for Windows 10. Also make sure to add an incoming rule in your computer firewall. For Windows 10, go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Defender Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Inbound Rule -> New Rule on the right hand side. Click Port from the different rule types, and then click Next. Select TCP, and click Specific Local Port. Then type the port number 28967. Click Allow the Connection. Select all the types of domains, and click Next. Type in whatever name you want, and then click Finish. The untrusted peer error, I am still having. The node works like normal with that error, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. The second error you mentioned, I have not come across, so maybe someone else could help with that. Sorry for the post being so long.

My node is already more than 2 TB. Of course the ports are open. But periodically such errors appear

Hello @max232, welcome to the forums.

Those errors that you are describing can be ignored, to find out exactly what they mean please go to https://forum.storj.io/t/error-codes-what-they-mean-and-severity-level-read-first/518

2 Likes

I aggree with xyphos10 as long as your node is working fine, and there is some traffic (the network is not really busy right now, so even a little bit per day is normal), you should be good to go.