FATAL Unrecoverable error {"error": "Error during preflight check for storagenode databases "bandwidth"

I don’t know this software but it looks as though you are running an old version. Current version is 5.37. It also looks as though you are scanning a different drive, the SMART is for an 18TB drive but the Victoria shows 8TB drive.

From the Tools available I would run the following:
Short self-diagnostic - If pass then…
Long self-diagnostic - If pass then…
Full surface scan with graph/grid

Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC550 18TB 7200rpm 512MB WUH721818ALE6L4_0F38459 3.5" SATA III

I have an 18 TB disk, it is divided into separate partitions. I decided to temporarily transfer the data to another partition until I buy a new disk.

There is a question, can 1 HDD be used for 2 different nodes or do you need 1 HDD for 1 node?

The node operator terms and conditions list as a minimum 1 node for 1 processor core for 1 HDD. It is also ‘best’ for a minimum performance level.

1 Like

I have 2 cores, 2 GB of RAM on 1 node. But since I have a server disk, I decided to split 1 disk into 2 parts, on two nodes (50% / 50% +/-). That is, 2 nodes will be a big load on 1 hdd? And if the limit is set? And continue to work like this? (0 to 5-7x?)

# how many concurrent requests are allowed, before uploads are rejected. 0 represents unlimited. # storage2.max-concurrent-requests: 0

If they are small nodes you may be fine but it is not recommended and when they start to grow you will have problems. Unless it is SSD you can’t read quick enough the small files from different parts of the drive.

1 Like

if the limit is set? And continue to work like this? (0 to 5-7x?) + Windows works on SSD

# how many concurrent requests are allowed, before uploads are rejected. 0 represents unlimited. # storage2.max-concurrent-requests: 0

If both nodes are 8 TB each, then these are large nodes and there will be a large load? Limiting the connection will not help unload the disks?

This parameter was designed for weak devices to limit how much requests they can handle. It’s not recommended to use, because it fails customers’ data transfers (because your node will report as “too busy”). It is also affects how much data you can receive or send, so generally you significantly reducing your income using this parameter.

It’s not recommended to use a one disk for more than a one node (it’s even treated as violation of Node Operator Terms & Conditions), so no, it’s not normal and not acceptable.

You will not get more data with more nodes behind the same public IP, all data will be distributed between them, as if they were just a one node. So no point to make more stress on the one disk with more than a one node, especially using separate partitions - heads will be forced to jump from one to another with concurrent access and overall performance will be poor and disk will have a constant high load and longer response time.

1 Like