Got Disqualified from saltlake

Well, but I didn’t find anything about it in documents. I have been used NTFS on Ubuntu from very beginning, maybe for 2 years, until now. I can not easily converted to other filesystems, because I have no other empty hard disk to swap data into it.

1 Like

That was a good idea. Done so now here: docs/blueprints: Refining Audit Containment to Prevent Node Disqualification for Being Temporarily Unresponsive by ReneSmeekes · Pull Request #4179 · storj/storj · GitHub
I didn’t think we had the node crashing itself worked out enough to write a blueprint for it, but I did include the suggestion under further considerations.

Also created a suggestion here so people can vote. Refining Audit Containment to Prevent Node Disqualification for Being Temporarily Unresponsive

4 Likes

The documentation updated when we have an additional information. Even NTFS usage make it different - your node was affected only after 2 years on NTFS in Linux, my 2 years node was affected after a week since migration to Ubuntu.

using stuff across platforms or brands without strict certification processes can be terrifying at the best of times.

complex structures, machines or code usually doesn’t combine well without years of peoples lives being spent on making sure things are 100% compatible.

Just to report back: My node came back to life for Europe-North this evening and is no longer disqualified on it:

Europe-north-1.tardigrade.io:7777
Suspension 100 %
Audit 100 %
Online 95.87 %

So it seems that someone at Storj had a :heart: :heart: :heart:
Thank you!

Hopefully it will get un-disqualified on Saltlake as well, I keep my fingers crossed.

Luckily I had not yet wiped the data, so I am posting this also for other SNOs affected to maybe keep waiting and hoping.

1 Like

The team decided to reinstate nodes disqualified because of timeout since the containment bug was introduced ~ 2021-07-24T00:00:00Z until the date when the fix has been deployed (2021-08-23T00:00:00Z).
The reinstate is applied except Saltlake.
The Saltlake satellite has resisted to apply the fix, but we will try to fix it on Monday.
If your node still have data - it can recover the reputation, if data is lost it will be permanently disqualified.

1 Like

Why not saltlake :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It could be fixed on Monday.

3 posts were split to a new topic: I got nodes that seem to shut themselves down when encountering high iowait’s

Let’s hope for it to be fixed soon.

Finally, checked my node and saltlake was back!:tada:

2 Likes

Congratz! Same here! :partying_face:

Thank you Storj! :smiley:

3 Likes