Graceful exit on saltlake does not work

Because I’m giving up my second apartment, I’m closing a node. I would like to run the graceful exit on saltlake. According to the payout information, I should be there by 7 months from today. Unfortunately, a graceful exit is not possible. – > You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:

Error: You are not allowed to graceful exit on some of provided satellites

Do you need more than the complete 6 months on this satellite? The other satellites I was able to leave all so far with graceful exit

Its according to the date it started not exactly 6 months, say you started your node 08/20/19 11:20
So means you can run graceful exit at 7 months around 08/20/20 at 11:20.

You should also wait until some of the known issues with GE are fixed. There is a small chance it will fail currently.

1 Like

Assuming you are not concerned about the held back amount etc, is it possible to exit a node before 6 months (or is it now 15?) ?
I’ve tried to run the graceful exit on the least well performing of my two nodes, think they are both 5 months old approx, but get the above error:

You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:

Error: You are not allowed to graceful exit on some of provided satellites

Darren

I guess you could just delete a blob from that satellite and get disqualified only on that one. Not the best way to go though.
I suppose you want to run GE only on a specific satellite and not on the rest.

The best thing would be to wait another month and GE then, but to answer your question, no you can’t run GE on a node before the 6 months mark (at least not that I know of).

Thanks Mighty Greek.

Yeah its not a major problem to hang on for that little bit of extra time. Just wasn’t sure if i was up to date on the time period or the way things were done.
I’m on Linux with both nodes is there a CLI command/dashboard that tells you how long you have had the node? I can see the uptime but I have restarted a few times due to updates etc…

1 Like

dashboard->payout information->held history

2 Likes

Unfortunately Storj doesn’t allow you to do the noble thing and exit gracefully without return of held back amount. I’m not sure how many SNOs would be interested in that, though in my circle I have seen quite a few who probably would do a graceful exit even if they didn’t get the held back amount. I guess it would be a nice feature, but it should come with big warnings that exiting a satellite early would lead to not getting any held back amounts returned.

Currently Storj really doesn’t want to ask anything from nodes if there is nothing given in return. For that reason a graceful exit that meets failure criteria halfway through is also immediately stopped. Because there is nothing in it for the node operator anymore after that point. It would be great if they would still allow node operators to resume in those scenarios as well, as long as they know they won’t get their held amount back.

1 Like