Guess how much customer data by the end of 2022

With the recent announcement of partnerships between Storj and Pocket, Slick and Internet Archive, Storj is definitely getting more usage this year. How much data do you think will the network store by the end of 2022? Put down your expectations!

Currently we have 9.5PB of customer data (including redundancy) stored. I’ll take a wild guess and say the number will reach 15PB at the end of this year. Hopefully 2022 is the year in which dstorage takes off.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Storj is currently making a loss paying SNO’s so if it does take off they will likely decrease the payment per TB stored.

1 Like

But these 9.5PB stored data includes 6.45PB test data from saltlake & europe-north.
https://storjstats.info/d/storj/storj-network-statistics?orgId=1

I’m honestly looking forward to that, it will feel great to know that the service is viable. I expect we’ll lose quite a few node operators when that happens but with the actual free capacity on the network we should be just fine.

1 Like

Yep, in the last town hall they mentioned 3+PB customer data stored. So that fits.

Are they is there any info to verify this

Well you could just look up prices vs payout…

Customers pay $4 per TB to store it. For every TB Storj has to store 2.7TB on nodes. They pay nodes $1.5 per TB. If you think “that’s only $4.05”, you’re forgetting that with those costs they also have to cover repair and hosting the satellites.

But egress is even more extreme. The customer pays $7 per TB and nodes receive $20 per TB.

1 Like

I believe it read somewhere they are not at a loss just have some “room” as they invest their money /tokens somewhere to increase there overall funds and sno pays

I may be wrong but i am almost certain i read this or similar here on this fourm

How can you read those numbers and say they aren’t operating at a loss!? Sure they have some reserves, nobody said they were going bankrupt. But with current pricing and payout, they are operating at a loss.

2 Likes

But what if their locked coins where being staked or something that will increase how much they have /can pay
Some staking can give up to 17% apy

Read the quarterly token flow reports. The info is all in there. No need to just wildly speculate.

2 Likes

This information about the “room” they gain from investing is not speculation one of the people on this fourm said it and I’m fairly sure it was a storjling/admin

Instead of keeping arguing, perhaps look at the official information I pointed you to. STORJ Token Balances and Flows Report: Q1 2022

3 Likes

Please abstain from spreading unfounded rumors. Our Token Reports clearly show the tranches of tokens in lock up. They cannot and will not be staked or otherwise invested. Tranches are unlocked with prior notice to make available funds for operations, including paying the node operators. Again, unlocked tokens are also not diverted to some staking or other speculative schemes. We do not participate in such risky strategies, and as you may be aware, this could result in great losses rather than gains.

AGAIN PLEASE NOTE STORJ IS A UTILITY TOKEN, NOT AN INVESTMENT, AND NO STORJ TEAM MEMBER WILL INSINUATE THAT THE COMPANY WOULD USE THE TOKEN FOR THAT PURPOSE.

7 Likes

Ok thanks maybe it wasn’t an admin who said it

If anyone else had said it we would have immediately corrected them, too.

1 Like

Well if find the post again i can tag one ofl y’all