How long do you plan to go?

Been running nodes (both v2 and v3) since 2017, currently ~ 20TB shared on 2 servers (did play around with a raspberry, but didn’t find it worth bothering, due to usb fails and disks remounting). So I now run 2 low power (celeron, atom) x86 systems with raidz2 arrays. One is 3+ years old (18TB used), another is 1.5 years old (1.6TB used). I get about 50$ monthly (covers whole household electricity bill). Only reason to stop would be either decline in uploads/downloads (and thereby $ rewards), or some move to only support L2 payments.

1 Like

Interesting mention. How do you feel about the L2(and now polygon) options? Is the need to wait to cash out for it to cost the same not worth? I just got my first payout and put it through L2 just to see. I see it as useful if there are offramps on L2.

Truth be told I never bothered looking too much into L2. Looked like it needs you to jump through more hoops to get the payout (even though you get it faster). Since I can wait an extra month for the payout to accumulate to payable amounts (60-90$) I don’t feel the incentive to switch to L2.

1 Like

From what I understand the process associated with getting it out of L2 to payout has an extra cost that would require saving up several months worth until the % that you lose is equal to the extra 10% they give you.

well, if so then (at least for me) its not worth switching. guys who run more recent nodes might see a plus in though.

Yes the USB issues. Still didn’t really found a solution on my setup. Even tempering with the usb to sata cables, result in the disk disconnecting. I think the sata connection just moves arount too much.

I tried all kinds of solutions: more expensive cables, linux functions that auto mount usb devices. But none seems to fix this issue.

I plan to hodl forever

1 Like

I have been running 3 nodes since 2018 and am actually thinking about graceful exit recently. Network traffic is too low for me to win enough from the nodes.

How much do you have stored and how much do you get paid if you dont mind my asking?

25TB about 25$ per month

This seems very low. The ‘typical’ number thrown around is $3-$4 per TB per month (for repair, egress and storage).

Older nodes seem to be getting a bit less per TB these days as Saltlake activity winds down. On my newer nodes Saltlake barely registers at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. My nodes are not full, I am not worried about the egress or $ per TB stored, I am more worried about the low ingress numbers

Yeah thats wild. I make about 6.6/TB currently. Thats over 15 months though. Fairly new node. I increase my size about 200GB per month too. Accounting for ingress-deletion.

My 15 month node with 3.1TB stored in UK, 200GB average monthly ingress, is $4.25 per TB

Wow thats double my size. Impressive. Im in the US by the way. Midwestern.

200GB ingress is nice, is that an average over the past 6 months?

I was wrong, its only 10 months old. Thats my size at the end of each month thru january. So about 200 per month for the last 5.

1.26TB Ingress after deletions in last 6m, so about 210GB per month

On month 10 I had 2.3TB stored