I need help with graceful exit

Ok, after 6 days for waiting for graceful exit to work, I have had enough.

The process is painfully slow. To and to add insult to injury one of my nodes, which had a near perfect uptime, got disqualified after I started the exit process.
Some of the nodes only hold a few hundred Gb of data. Yet it is taking so unacceptably long to complete the grace-ful exit process. Tweaking settings like “graceful-exit.num-concurrent-transfers" have no observable effect.

I guess, the Storj folks really don’t want to payout the fees I am entitled to.

What a scam.

1. Hold funds until a graceful exit.
  2. Ensure that the graceful exit process is painfully slow, so that no one in their right mind would wait for it to complete.
  3. Disqualify a node during the painful wait.
  4. Pocket the fees earned by the storage operator because few people would be willing to wait 6 days for the graceful exit process to complete.
  5. Rinse and repeat.

Great project you have.

Bye!

Ive successfully used graceful exit on my 2 test nodes took about a month to fully finish all satellites. But they all finished none got Dqed.

2 Likes

This reply is more for anyone else reading this, but your held fees are not even enough to cover the repair costs storj has to pay to the datacenter where the repair process occurs when a node suddenly disappears. So it definitely in Storj’s best interest to have nodes gracefully exit.

3 Likes

Your node could have problems during Graceful Exit, if you have a low upstream and/or problems with router.
The DQ likely happened after tweaks. This is why they set to minimum - to prevent such behavior, because with 10% failure rate your node will be disqualified.
It’s better to be slow than DQ. Of course you can tweak, if you have a lot of free upstream bandwidth (not something like 5 - 20 Mbps, otherwise you should not tweak the GE) and normal router (you should monitor your logs, if you see a lot of “context canceled” and “no route to host”, your router likely a bottleneck and tweaking can only DQ your node faster).

1 Like

I have a question. If my GE for all satellites is 100%, can I now turn off the node and create a new node? Or do I need to keep the node closed to pay money HELD?

This satellite was dequalified for me earlier. us1.storj.io:7777 And is it taking up my memory at the moment?

Now:

This is depend on used wallet features. I you did not opt-in for zkSync, your final payout will depends on the Minimum Payout Threshold on Etherium for a given month.
So, you may want to change the wallet features for this node before deleting.

However, if you would use the same wallet address in your new node, it will be accumulated and you can clear a Minimum Payout Threshold in the end.

The wallet will be the same (ETH). That is, this node can be turned off? uninstall and do a fresh install with a new key?

Yes. I would recommend to backup its identity though on case if you change your mind regarding a wallet feature in the future.