I receive no AuthTokens anymore?

Hello I receive no AuthTokens anymore? I have 6 nodes running and need a new Token.
But when I put my Mailadress to receive I will not receive.

Can somebody help me?

To receive another token to the same email address, you must use the last token you recieved (you must use it to authorize your identity). Did you do it?

1 Like

The problem is I used all my tokens. But some tokens I activate and some hours after running the SNO I need to shutdown

Do I understand correctly that you have any tokens that you received in the email but did not use them to authorize your identity?

No I used all tokens. But I lost 2 tokens due to wrong setups. They where short time online so I can not reuse

ok, it’s easiest if you use a different email address.

if you use gmail you can add something to your username and the mail will go to your address

for example:
your address: mrsmith@gmail.com
alias: mrsmith+something@gmail.com

Yes I just take other email

Is there not a limit for the amount of tokens you can take out in a week with one email?

I never heard about any limits.

There is/was a daily limit of one token per email address.

For some time it was possible to get only get one token for one email address. Now, if you use up the token that you previously received at your email address, you can request another one to the same email address.

You can only get one token per day with the same email address. So if requested a token today you have to wait until tomorrow to request another… I think.

Wanted to start a new node, but somehow, emails arent coming in with the autorization token
Tried 2email addresses, but nothing arrived.

Did you try with no adblock with chrome or firefox?

yeah, yeah now it already arrived

other thing, how to completely remove, wipe, purge whole old storj node, with old settings?
i mean with all the settings, files, so completely everything

Also if you are using a VPN, turning this off might help, as I assume they probably filter for overused IP addresses.

For sure I’m using VPN. But not for storj nodes :slight_smile:
Definitely i didnt setup an fstab mounting previously, so it looks im off.
Well, i tried to mpunt it thru fstab, but after reboot, it was falling to some recovery mode all the time,
so i turned it off, and was mounting manually.
Now i finally make it work thru fstab, so this shouldn’t happened anymore.

Now i was able to make run two hhds (nodes) on one machine.
I didint wanted to mess up with lvm, and mess up that fstab, when i finally make it work.

Now im waiting for third auth token, but its still not coming, even if i requested for it thru chrome, with turned of ublock.

I found that Ghostery was the reason I couldn’t get the tokens. Make sure you have all pop up blockers and private browsing features turned off before you go to the website to request a token. You for sure can’t get one with any turned on… Or at least I couldn’t…

I see so many comments about using specific browsers and having all ad blockers turned off, etc. Has anyone actually explained why it is so hard to get a token?

What if I want to use lynx browser on a linux machine with some funky plugins? Shouldn’t a simple POST with an email address be easy?

Is some funky javascript user agent and anti-bot stuff going on and if so, couldn’t it be handled in a normal way like everyone else with a captcha? Seems ridiculous.

1 Like

Authentication typically consists of a user entering using a username or email and a password and then being granted access to different resources or services.

Authentication in Angular 10, by its very nature, relies on keeping the state of the User. This seems to contradict a fundamental property of HTTP, which is a stateless protocol.

JSON Web Token (JWT) provides a way to solve this issue. Your Angular app can talk to a backend that produces a token. The Angular app can then pass that token in an Authorization header to the backend to prove they are authenticated and needs access to the particular route or resources. The backend should verify the JWT and grant access based on its validity.