I receive no AuthTokens anymore?

It’s not related to the JWT or other service-to-service authentication. We uses an authorization token issued by trusted server to sign the storagenode’s certificate. The satellite will allow to join only nodes with signed certificate. We call such certificate as NodeID.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

I’m sorry, but I agree with the above: this is ridiculous. The page tells you that you are getting an email, but you are not. This needs to be fixed, incl. the requirements for additional browsers and such.

Yes. Using analytics and trackers for account signup is really weird. Storj teams tends to make really unnatural choices from time to time.

2 Likes

The new version is in the development and should be available soon.

3 Likes

been trying to get this to work for way longer than i care to admit… but i guess i can’t then…
atleast now i know… maybe update the documentation guidelines so people accessing this from the default website actually know it’s not possible to get auth tokens.

It’s updated. And even stated on the request token page.
Just nobody read…

you mean this one… tried that 8 times already over the last week because i figured maybe something was broken or whatever…

meanwhile i reread the guide which didn’t seem to explain anything…

then i searched the forum and went through 3-4 posts before i found this one,
where people talk about using weird emails to get the system to actually do what it’s suppose to
haven’t tried that because that would be absurd… why would i need to use variations of my email if its going to send it for my email.

ofc better than making a whole new email. but still seems rather absurd…

tried to send the request for a new auth token for my email … again…
oh yeah and i also checked the spam folders afaik there is no filters on my email or its host servers that could have blocked it… tho i haven’t tried it from another email…

but i’m sure that will work like a charm…
which leaves the question… why doesn’t it work on my own email or am i only suppose to get on auth token…

if i’m not suppose to only get one… then whats the point in not fixing this issue… since it’s clearly been any issue for months on end… and it only punishes people the second time they make a node and then they just learn that it has to be done in a BEEPed manner and then doesn’t complain about it and leaves the problem for the next person…

if i’m wrong please do show me…

where other than these places do i find this magical information that makes this work…

it’s not because i want to cause trouble…
i just think this sort of stuff should work for the next person to use it…

i’m not in a hurry, i’ve waited a week, try a bit here, reading a bit there…
to no avail… it can take a month for all i care… i basically don’t need more nodes… this was just for a test thing…

however SNO’s going from 1 hdd with 1 node to 2 would without a doubt be confused and frustrated.
so far as i can tell anyways… maybe i’m missing something

On the exact page you linked. And spread all over this forum. Use Chrome or Edge and disable ad-blockers (this includes pihole).

maybe on the forum… i haven’t searched that deeply ran into this post fairly early on… and never got further into it…

the adblocker thing could be a possible cause… doesn’t say that nor mention using chrome or edge on the identity parts of the documentation… so far as i can see

nevermind found it… lol
maybe bad wording then… it literally doesn’t work… nothing to do with best experience

yeah turning off adblocker fixed it

i will still hold that it’s poorly explained / worded and maybe that is what made me overlook it for so long… if i had even had an inkling that it would work, then i would have tried it…

You’re posting on a topic that is pretty much entirely about this. But here are some specific quotes for you.

And these are just the quotes from this topic. A search on this forum would have shown lots more that would point you in the right direction.

I see you’ve now edited your post, but it’s mentioned on the exact page.

1 Like
  1. i didn’t read this entire thread… because i didn’t assume this could be an old problem…

2. i did see that text i’m sure multiple times… i just didn’t consider it relevant because it doesn’t mention that it doesn’t work without adblocker…

3. it’s most likely some sort of shitty programming that does that it won’t work with adblocker… there is no good reason for that… aside that somebody used a pop up or some kind of stuff that obviously gets caught as ads.

4. i believe i also ran into this issue when i started my first V3 node, didn’t figure out what was wrong back then, most have tried my chrome browser because it doesn’t have adblocker.
    but now that i know Storj better i simply assumed something was broken… which in itself is a problem…

i really hope the tardigrade experience is more customer friendly… else this project is doomed

The whole problem, as I stated - nobody reads. You are not exception, more like a confirmation. I do not want to be offensive, however, you writes a lot, but you never reads the whole provided information and miss a lot of important stuff as well, then somebody quote exact text which you didn’t read or skipped for whatever reason.
The same is going to almost all who created a new similar topic on the forum or the ticket on support.
People just lazy. Even video doesn’t help much :slight_smile:

1 Like

well the auth token email i got wasn’t the new one it was my mail that loaded mid page where it was left…
so now i’m going to try chrome… see it that works…

chrome with no adblocker works…

However, the new page is available now for testing, https://registration.storj.io/
It does not replaces the original yet, I personally didn’t receive an email, but the token is available right on the page.

3 Likes

nice to know it is a problem that is being solved…

the new page worked like a charm… tho i was unable to view (look through the entire string in my browser)

doesn’t do that in chrome tho…
i guess i really need to find myself a new browser…could have saved me a lot of grief

looks good.

and didn’t get an email, most likely because i already got one token, and it seems to always give me the same token… suppose i need to use it first…

what if i fail at using it tho… can i then generate a new token…

Really good idea! 20 characters