I want to set up three more nodes but need a hand with a few questions, thank you in advance

So I’ve successfully set up one node and it’s been active for two months… I would like to have three more of my computers start earning trust as soon as possible.

Here are my questions and the list, this is the list that my order is in… I am sort of a new beeto network, sad face.

1. Do I need to generate a new invite personal email key… The one they send you that they say is one-time use only.

2. I plan on building trust using a few extra one terabyte hard drives I have, in the future will I be able to just swap in a bigger hard drive and still keep my accumulated trust on the network?

3. do I need to set up another static IP? Using my paid subscription to No- IP service that I set up LOL… I am new to all of this.

4. I really think the team should consider a better reward system for the on boarding of new people and hosts. Gaming it up a little or letting us see our trust levels and earning some juicy coin for helping out.

5. I mean earning $.14 a month is worth it when you believe in the project and know it’s going to the moon with Lambeau’s but I’d like to least make back enough to pay for my Internet since you guys use it more than I do :slight_smile:

Thanks again team for your hard work what you’re building is awesome and the future of cloud storage.

1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. No, but you’ll need to use different external ports for each one of the nodes
  4. Vetting status is coming to the multi-node dashboard in the near future.
  5. The earnings will depend heavily on the space you have, the workload on the network and your network connection.
    If you search the forum for “Realistic Earnings Estimator” you may be able to get a bit more information on what to expect :slight_smile:

And, last but not least… welcome! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi, fellow new SNO here. On #5, I initially thought the same, but the earnings estimator tells a different story. Depending how much space you have, you can expect your drive to earn substantially more in just 3-5 months. I think the reason you don’t really earn much of anything in the first 1-2 months is by design: They are not so much interested in getting lots of people to try running a node, they are interested more in people who intend to run their node for at least a few months (ideally a couple years or more). So, we new operators more or less take on part of the “cost” of churn, in that we more or less make nothing in the first couple-few months. If we stick around, that’s where the payoff starts to come.

2 Likes

I would like to add some clarification regarding identity and authorization tokens - they are different things and does not replace each other.
That’s mean, you need to generate a new identity for each new node, the clones will be disqualified almost instantly because they are the same even if they signed with a different authorization token.
The authorization token is one-time use, it’s needed only to sign a new generated identity and can be used only once.
To get a new one - you need to request it. You can use the same email address, even if it’s part of the resulting token, they are all unique and one-time use. If you did not use the previous token, you will get the same token every time when you would try to request it.

So, for every new node you must generate a new identity and request a new authorization token, sign the identity with this token and check it.

With unsigned identity your node will be offline.

Thanks this is just what I kneed, u rock boss

I’m stuck at the point where trying to add my DNS to my router… It’s asking me to add a rule for port 28967 with authority taken by my other node. So I’m trying to add a second and it will let me apply in my router.

It would be very helpful if the instructions on the website; which are very helpful, included a instruction set for setting up a second or more nodes :slight_smile:

Right.
So, the way I did this with my 4 nodes (and in order to reduce confusion for me) was that I assigned node 1 to port 28961, node 2 to port 28962, …, node 4 to port 28964.

So I forwarded the node ports (28961, 28962, etc) to my machine’s internal IP address from my router.

Then, and this is the important bit, I had to change the docker command so that the bit that says “-p 28967:28967” now reads “-p28961:28967” for node 1, “-p 28962:28967” for node 2, etc, “-p 28964:28967” for node 4.

Does that make any sense?

1 Like

What is “docker” command

New-NetFirewallRule -DisplayName “Storj v3” -Direction Inbound –Protocol TCP –LocalPort 2896?7<–? -Action allow

You’re running the node on a docker container, yes?
To start the node, you have to issue a command like

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28961:28967/tcp -p 28961:28967/udp
-p 192.168.0.117:14001:14002
-e EMAIL=“xxx@xxx”
-e WALLET=“xxxxxxx”
-e ADDRESS=“xxxxxxx:28961”
-e STORAGE=“13TB”
–mount type=bind,source="/node1/Storj/identity/",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/node1/Storj/",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode1 storjlabs/storagenode:latest

If you run Windows GUI, it’s a little bit different: How to add an additional drive? - Node Operator and Single and multi-node Port forwarding setup – Storj

1 Like

Sorry, I hadn’t twigged that this was Windows…