I will (no longer) leave Storj. =)

Last month was about $3.30 per TB for me. But last month as well as the first few days of this month (which you’re basing the numbers on) have been a little less profitable than average. It fluctuates. $3.80 is from the earnings estimator, which I tune to represent a bit longer term average behavior.

Additional note, I have 2 full nodes like yours that make similar income to the $2.50 you quote. They make a little more, but it’s fairly close. Which just reinforces that more recently uploaded data is more likely to be downloaded. I’ve been meaning to check if I can find out the relation between downloaded pieces and their piece age so I can actually take this into account for the estimator. But I don’t think the node databases have all the required data for that unfortunately. I may implement a best estimate at some point based on comparison between my full nodes and my node with free space.

You are very wrong man, the price its the same … storj coin value doesn’t matter , you are paid in USD for a service and gets converted to Storj Coin … thats it , and the price per TB/m never changes … the same … just math !!! Just for holding info you are paid exactly $1.5 / TBm , just go check your node payout information page ! You get better payment if “people” download the actual information you are holding for them !

Download Egress $20 / TB
Repair & Audit Egress $10 / TB
Disk Average Month Storage $1.5 / TBm

We were clearly talking about total earnings per TB stored. Including expected egress income. And since egress fluctuates, those per TB earnings fluctuate too.

But thanks for incorrecting me.