I wonder how the recent ruling of the Bavarian state court regarding Google Fonts and GDPR affect Storj and this proposal?

I would think the same.

OK. That’s a very important contextual legal requirement.

On the topic of IP addresses and p2p networks, there’s not much that can be done about IP addresses appearing at the Ethernet interface of a given SNO’s machine… that’s just how the Internet works.

I suppose a Storj satellite could hash IP addresses and use those instead of IP addresses, but that doesn’t solve the problem of a client IP address showing up at an SNO’s Ethernet interface.

As in most things legal… it doesn’t really matter until it does. And, in the end, the entire legal argument is probably about Big Business maintaining its Bigness while crushing as many upstart entities as possible. So, if the Storj network becomes a threat to Google, I would imagine something would suddenly become a problem.

Right, forgot about that.

Is still interesting why this case is about google fonts, while there are much more prominent tools (google analytics) which are able to get any information you want.

It should obvious to reduce external sources as much as possible. For security and also page speed. Ugly fonts because of DNS issues :smiley:

Google Analytics is under fire: Google Analytics Now Illegal in Austria; Other EU Member States Expected to Follow - Analytics Platform - Matomo

BTW, it’s so cute that my post was hidden. Certainly it must have been very offensive!

1 Like

My guess is that it wasn’t message, but the wording…

I didn’t flag your comment – but maybe edit some parts out or something.

Nah, it’s so fun thinking someone found it offensive that I’m going to leave it as is. Let it be! I only hope that this person will consequently also hide BrightSilence’s post with its quote as well :see_no_evil:

1 Like

No worries, I redacted the quoted comment, haha.

2 Likes