Incentives and payments for making SNOs stay

Here is my story:
I became SNO starting from v2 launch, the main reason for me: help to build and use true cloud storage solution (as you know true cloud - should always be decentralized). Because all existing storage solutions are centralized and it is not a true cloud, it just a useful hosting panel with API.
Also, I would like to earn some money which can cover my expenses for my infrastructure for Storj and of course I would like to earn some extra money for my life and to growing my infrastructure.

The key answers why SNO’s not growing his storagenodes, they don’t have confidence that the money earned will at least be able to cover their infrastructure costs for the storagenode.
If SNO will earn significantly more than it spends for infrastructure it will be key reason for expand and grow SNO infrastructure. Also, this SNO will be staying with Storj for a very long time. (it something like first decentralized job).

My position, and why I on Storj way, I invest my knowledges, time, and some money for network and SNO’s grow because of the success of every individual of the network member will be the success of the entire network. So, it will be also my success like one of the individuals that help other individuals, and the network as a whole. Also, I love that I do.
It’s a Storj way :tm:

About ideas and what can be improvement:

• I like engineering discussions that we already have, I think it very helpful to collect opinions before implementing any features or improvements.
  • I very like that it open source project and everyone can look into commits and code.
  • I very like changelogs for releses
  • I would like to see more transparency in plans and progress (like public roadmap but with updated more frequent)
  • Storage node dashboard is not useful for advanced SNO. I prefer to use script than was written by @Krey it significantly more informative than clicking on dropdown and select satellites, then move arrow to the graph. I prefer to see a simple table with stat and graphs with historic stat.
    A lot of SNO waiting for this dashboard, but when it was released many were disappointed. It looks like was made only for finish sprint, but not for SNO. Please collect what SNO’s would like to see on the dashboard and redesign it.
  • Lack of documentation and recommendation for SNO’s especially for beginners, it produce a lot of bad experiences for new SNO’s and decrease network reputation. Please pay your attention into this problem. I personally also have a plan to share my experience with any SNO. I did not do it at this moment because I like a Doctor that tune your heart and my responsibility is too high to make mistakes. I just make sure for 200% that I improve a node rather than kill it.
  • When change made on official documentation no any notifications (example: beta tag for storage node). Please improve it, you can use SNO emails from storganode, simple changelog is enougth.

My proposition for thinking: We will soon see the first decentralized storage solution in production, how about another decentralized services and solutions? (DNS, Compute, CDN, VPN etc.) It will be an absolutely big change in the world.

3 Likes