Incentives and payments for making SNOs stay

I really don’t see the value of STORJ coins as a potential benefit, as StorjLabs pay the equivalent of a fixed amount of USD per TB, that they then convert to STORJ.
They do not pay a fixed amount of STORJ per TB.

If tomorrow 1 STORJ = 10 USD, we’ll simply get 1/100th of what we get right now.

The only “one shot” advantage would be for SNOs who collected and kept a lot of STORJ in their Wallet when it was worth very little value. Then for them yes, if the value of STORJ coins were to raise substantially, their amount of capital would be worth a lot of money (like people who had a few BTC laying around, before it becomes incredibly famous and worthy).

This said, the opposite situation could arise too: If a new SNO joins the network when STORJ value is high, he or she would collect very few STORJ coins and would “lose” money in the following month if the STORJ value were to decrease.

In a way yes. However, what about an additional share not so much based on the performances of our Nodes?

• It wouldn’t change much what large SNOs earn, because most of their profit would be based on their large storage capacity and their bandwidth.
  • It would make the difference for small SNOs, especially if it turns out their Egress traffic is not that high.

I might be wrong, but I suppose that the STORJ network will mainly be made of small SNOs, because most people will have a few TBytes available/unused at hand, less people will have 100s of TBytes, and just a handful of SNOs will have PBytes available for STORJ…
Hence, I think it’d a good thing to find a way to motivate small SNOs so they don’t end up with just a few dollars a month, which may not be enough to make they want to carry on maintaining a Node.

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:.
I think this calls for some thought.

1 Like