"INFO piecestore upload failed There is not enough space on the disk" despite over 200GB free on partition

It’s better to continue run this node.
However, you can start a new one, if you have resources for two nodes.

Actually I don’t get why it is better to still run this node as there is barely any traffic because of these errors, so thank you but I am out. In my case (probably due to my gegraphic region) traffic in Feb and Mar was so low, that running a node is not profitable for me. Thanks anyway and good luck for all of you for further development! This platform has huge potential and I believe I will come back in the future :slight_smile:

Hello again, I missed you and decided to go back :wink: I’ve set up new node from scratch about week ago and my node is ~1TB full which is nice. I have used two 2TB unused WD Red HDD disks from my old NAS but converted both of them into dynamic disk to make single 4TB volume only for Storj. My question is it acceptable solution for Storj node cause I don’t want to set up RAID for these disks.
Thanks in advance

You just did it. It’s called RAID0. With one disk failure the whole node is lost

Sorry, I meant hardware RAID. You right but I did this because I wanted to add second disk without shutting down my node. I have successfully hot plugged second disk today and converted both of them into dynamic disk. I have updated config.yaml and my downtime was only few seconds for storj service restart.

So what do you recommend, having one node with software RAID0 or two nodes on the same machine? What is better in terms of node rank?

It’s better to run two nodes. In case of disk failure only one node will be lost (half of the space), the second will survive.
With RAID0 you will lost the whole sole node.

2 Likes