Internet connection gets stuck when storagenode running

Don´t think so. I have this setup running since May with no issues.
It just started once the garbage collector was enabled, and if I stop the storagenode all is good.

No, she´s on her own computer in the same network.

How is your storage connected to your Pi?

The garbage collector is running on your storage, it doesn’t use the network, unless your storage is a network connected drive.

1 Like

From begining of this year, there is very big Egress, i have 150-200 mbit upload all the time. You shold be happy as it gives us money. Whatch your egress on dushboard, every TB is add 20$ for you.

1 Like

No, it’s not a network drive. It’s a signature box from Storj. It’s connected to Pi with a expansion card.

Then it can be only traffic. And since the pi can’t use more than a 100Mbps, the bottleneck is your router

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is if your running your pihole though your PI it would effect your internet connection, Unless your router connection is the bottle neck like Alexey said. But Id assume you know what your doing since your a network admin.

Than how is it possible that only started happening 2 weeks ago?
It’s the same router as it always was and never had issues like this!

big trafic started 31.12 evening. can you check your router and how much trafic is going now, then how big ethernet connection you have?

Maybe there are a lot of open connections and your router can’t handle this much?

I even restrained concurrent connections to 2!!! Didn’t work.

Even so, I restrained concurrent connections to 2! All the rest doesn’t matter hence concurrent connections are limited, but it makes small or no difference at all!

can you check bandwidth going from this node to router? does your node connected on wifi?

I thought only the pi 3 was affected I didnt know your entire network was affected, Theres something going on though you should redo your network check your router to see if theres errors on it.

Node is connected via Ethernet cable.
I can check tomorrow with Nmon.
The thing is that, it tipically happens only after 13h Netherlands time.
From 9am until that time all works great, which coincides with North America starting to “wake up”.

The hole network is affected if the storagenode is running.
When it’s happening and if I stop the node, it doesn’t happen anymore and all the network stabilizes.

This is very odd, Does anything run though the pi though how is your network setup?

just saying, an it and network admin would show some logs, Wireshark or tcpdump indicating the problem.

I have been a networking admin for 20 years.

1 Like

Pi is completely alone and dedicated to SNO only. Indeed, very odd!
The only similar behavior I saw, was when a Windows computer add virus!

I´m a Windows expert man, not Raspberry Pi. In addition, I don´t know the processes that SNO is running.
I do know that when I stop the SNO, all my other devices work properly and I don´t have network or bandwidth issues!
That itself is the troubleshooting!

I just checked and the disk is formatted in NTFS. Backing all up, format to EXT4 and restore.
It shouldn´t be the issue, but just in case…