Is it possible to move a node to a new IP?

How to move a node from old Hard drive to new is clear and possible.

But is it possible to move a node and after the move the node have a new IP? Or will the node disqualify after changing the IP address ?

Hello.
It is no problem, just change it in config file on windows and make restart, but on docker you need stop node and start node with new initial command with new ip.

1 Like

If it’s just a new IP, you change your DNS entry to point to the new IP and that’s it. This is how all the dynamic IP services like noip.com work.

2 Likes

If you changing a router or physical place, do not forget to disable the DDNS updater on your previous router, or use a new DDNS name, if the old one is still used by remaining nodes in the old place.

1 Like

I really move the mode from location A to location B with different router

1 Like

Ye no need to worry, I moved my node from Country A to Country B the node was down for 2 days and when I changed the config, because I have static IPv4 hence I don’t use DDNS all was well. but I would recommend before you move to make sure that at the new place you can port foward all ports that you will need. I was lucky that I had one month of parallel site operation so all things could be checked before the servers got moved. If you do your homework well there shouldn’t be any issue. Good luck with your move.

1 Like