Jan 14, 2022: Payouts for the month of December are now complete, and Polygon announcement

I don’t mean to be rude, but this particular request of Storj or the Satellite Operators is completely out of scope of the entire business here.

SNOs, by definition, agree to be paid in STORJ over Ethereum.

Full Stop. End of Story.

The fact that Storj provides any other option for payout is very unusual for ANY crypto project. Usually there is one singular payout option. The only reason there are options is because L1 fees are astronomical… resulting in Storj losing $$$ during payouts.

1 Like

Not really. It is you, who can top up the exchange linked card. Usually the exchange issues you this card and it is connected to your account. Some exchanges allow sending to another user’s card directly. Nothing new, right?

Great! And what is wrong with getting paid STORJ tokens over another network for lower fee and with lower threshold again?

I’m simply pointing out the agreement between SNOs and the Storj Network. At least that was the agreement when I signed up in 2019.

Any other payout option which is offered is above and beyond the agreement. So, we should all be quite happy that Storj is willing to test so many options in search of one that makes its SNOs as happy as can be expected.

I’m excited about the prospect of Polygon. Hopefully it works out well for everyone after the initial problems are worked out. If not, then it’s back to zkSync I suppose.

2 Likes

Sure! Let’s wait and see. It was just announced the other day. I am pretty sure they know what they are doing. We’re merely pointing out the issues on the path, which need be addressed for this to work.

If I were still SNO, according to the definition, I would like to pay in STORJ over Ethereum, only quarterly (not every month) but for example with +10%, because I do not understand anything you write about Polygon, zkSync, DeFi, pools e.t.c…

Well… maybe Polygon payment will bring you back on board!

:wink:

Perhaps it’s the forum format and my scattered method of posting my thoughts. If you have specific questions that I or someone else might be able to explain… just ask… publicly if it needs to be addressed that way, or privately if you’d rather not create more topics.

1 Like

Polygon, otherwise you may lose funds. Polygon will not work for storage nodes that send their payout directly to an exchange address.

So if I will set working Binance MATIC deposit address as recieving address I will 100% lose funds?

Well you wont loose it if they start supporting storj on polygon, Other then that it will forever be sitting there. So its best to not do that and swap to matic then send to binance.

Yes, you will. Binance specifically tells you to only send the specified token to that address and it will not be automatically added to your balance if you send anything else. You may have luck with support if you ask them to recover, but they are under no obligation to help you when you send tokens to the wrong address. And since they currently don’t support STORJ on polygon at all, they have very little reason to help you as it will basically impose withdrawal costs on their end.

Do not do this!

Binance (and most exchanges) uses different deposit addresses per token. If they ever support storj on polygon, it will get its own address.

No its exactly the same address.

I stand corrected… Yet they specifically mention to ONLY send the specific token to that address. Weird.

Either way, it’s still quite likely that any tokens sent to that address before they are supported will just never show up, even if they add support later. You don’t own the address, so don’t risk it.

Yes I agree its better to not risk it until they actually list a token on the exchange with polygon. Its best to assume it wont be listed so you dont take any risks of it never being supported.

whoops, I missed replying to this, but just in case you were curious, the survey had a huge amount of participation. I don’t recall what timezone the survey data is in, but the first submission came in at 12/21/2021 03:58:55 PM and the 50th one came in at 12/21/2021 04:01:19 PM. Under 3 minutes! Not all of the first 50 people provided wallet addresses (hence less than 50 payments), but all of the survey $25 bonuses were paid out in that run on zkSync separately. Thanks again to everyone who participated in the survey!

1 Like

Yuck! I just don’t like your choice of date/time format!

2 Likes

No worries, thanks for the response. It’s good to see how much active participation there was. I must have just missed out.

Yeah, looks confusing, but based on when I received the email, it must have been:
2021-12-21T21:58:55+00:00 to 2021-12-21T22:01:19+00:00
Better?

Or in your timezone:
2021-12-21T21:58:55Z to 2021-12-21T22:01:19Z
Sorry, the forums time format isn’t great either.

2 Likes

I was taught military format to write dates in documents many years ago and we always used dd/mmm/yy
So for example 18/Jan/22. That’s normally pretty clear what it means.

This is how America uses it.

You mean this is how America is trying to confuse us with strange date formats :smiley:

5 Likes

I think they all can be confusing if its the same date as it is the month other wise its not that confusing espically cause you know theres not 21 months in a year.