Joint Purchases

are you kidding my, have you tried going from windows to using linux…
it’s ridiculous, i’ve always been wanting to see the opensource community succeed… but lets be honest here… linux is shit atleast for the every day user, it’s so bad i can barely even describe it.

sure linux can be an amazing tool, but from my view being a lifelong windows user for both home use and work, and many times have a tried to move over into linux, spend month after month trying to actually learn to use it…

and sure linux is getting better… but it’s still very limited in utilization… i mean windows you can basically run with a mouse…
doesn’t take long before one ends up in the linux command line to try and fix problems or install stuff, uninstall and update other stuff to make a 3rd thing work so the program one wanted to get to work in the first place can actually run without issue.

and in windows i plug the damn thing in and it just works… yeah i wonder why people want to use that…

sure linux has advantages, and it being opensource gives it some sense of security and without a doubt is leading virtualization, i don’t think linux will out compete windows anytime soon… aside from if all of a sudden linux has some distinct advantage that makes everybody want to switch and if they are able to run their systems at the same level of seamless easy to use interface…

maybe you are right about storj lab’s not doing advertisement correctly… i really couldn’t tell you, but i would hope they have some very smart people dealing with that…

ofc i duno if they even feel ready to get a large scale influx of customers yet… the product have only been working for 8 months and tho the network seems stable and secure then the question remains about scaling, how will the network endure at a 100x load or with 100x capacity, 1000x pieces
i don’t think there has to be anything wrong with storj labs marketing for tardigrade, but there might be… i really cannot tel… but i doubt you can tell either because i highly doubt you are their target audience.

linux is so bad it makes me want to cry and go back to using windows on a daily basis, and i’ve been trying to get use to linux for about 8 months this time around.
but i’m stuck with linux if i want nice virtualization

now i don’t what this to be a push back against your statement nor linux… Storj Labs marketing could be a disaster for all i know, but it also might be the most brilliant campaign in the history of the world… and i doubt neither of us would be the wiser…

so if we assume you are correct, which would be interesting to know, because it’s very relevant and highly valuable for SNOs and for Storj Labs and future efforts.

then maybe we should launch an investigation into the subject, it’s a repeating subject, which i have yet to hear a good answer to or any real answers at all… Storj Labs occasionally throw a bone our way, kinda depending on how much we cry about stuff, which is most likely to avoid a pitchfork and torches situation.

so since i think you do make a valid point, and it’s on that often pops up, i decided to make this.
sorry if i insulted linux, we have a sort of love hate relationship…