Last Contact time on dashboard very long time ago. Node Offline

Okay well in a bizzare change of events, i left the node offline for a couple of hours whilst I was taking a nap. I came back, restarted the node, and now it’s online and functional.

I did not change anything else.

i will say again… there is this thing that if you have the same identity on multiple nodes, they will switch between being online for a period of hours i think it was… littleskunk said.

with that many nodes there could be a chance that you have the same identity on multiple nodes… or it would atleast be worth checking, as it would explain the random nature of the issue…

you should be able to just run a search on the identity id string thing in the name of some if not all of the identity files… so would be a simple thing to do… so long as you avoid searching the blobs folders ofc

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out.

I have double, triple checked that the identities are in use once and only once.

Thank you for pointing this out though.

well you have been trying to make it work for quite a while… maybe some of what you did worked… :smiley: intermittent errors are the worse, so hard to troubleshot.

I’m sure people posting here have found the solution themselves already, but I had this issue with my second node because I ran the identity process but I didn’t know I had to get an authorization token for each node as described here (I had assumed I only had to do that once):

https://documentation.storj.io/before-you-begin/auth-token

I’m running on Linux with the docker.

After this, I ran the following two commands, the node came online and the last contact became a believable value:

identity authorize storagenode my-email:token
docker restart -t 300 storagenode