Hi all, I have a couple of questions below…
Right now my setup is:
- Pi 4B 4GB
- 600GB SATA (old hdd, 5yrs hasn’t been used in 3 years)
- Connection: 500Mbps down / 600Mbps Up
Node stats for March:
- Node has only been active since mid Feb
- 1st - 27th March I was on 1GB down & up and now 500mb
- Bandwidth 1.3TB used in total / Egress 306.5GB / Ingress 1TB
- Disk 596.5GB used and 3.5GB remaining
- Do these seem good stats compared to yours / others?
I’ve used the latest python earnings calculator and with above I’m at $6.42.
Does anyone know firstly if that’s how much I would get or does the script not calculate that my node is fairly new, so 75% of $6.42 would be held by Storj?
Any recommendations if I should just stay with the small amount of HDD remaining and see how I do for a few more days or I’m debating buying a 2TB hdd. If I do so, is there an easy method to transfer locally the data from my current HDD to the new one? I’m concerned as it’s an old HDD it may become corrupt and I’d lose my reputation in a few months.
Right now I’m doing this as a side hobby but long run after a few months would like to see some return, again I know this isn’t recommended but I’d like to see as an experiment.
I’m also currently using this adaptor to link my HDD (SATA) then to the Pi via the USB 3, I already had this so didn’t want to spend more money, if there’s a better alternative to cut down on power though or faster speed I’m all ears!
I may go for something like this if a new HDD is recommended. Anyone know any better?
Any helpful tips I’d like to hear please. Thanks in advance.