MAC Docker error invalid mount config for type "bind": invalid mount path

You may just copy your identity to the data location instead and use its new path in your docker run command.

Thank you. Do I just do the run or the set and then run?

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
-e EMAIL="user@example.com"
-e ADDRESS=“domain.ddns.net:28967
-e STORAGE=“2TB”
–user $(id -u):$(id -g)
–mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

or

docker run --rm -e SETUP=“true”

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
-e EMAIL="user@example.com"
-e ADDRESS=“domain.ddns.net:28967
-e STORAGE=“2TB”

You shouldn’t run the setup step again for the worked node, you may destroy it this way.
So you need to just run the full docker run command.
Do not forget to provide paths to the identity and data.

Ok thank you. I have my fingers crossed

1 Like

Hi @Alexey I finally got it all working except for one thing. I’ve followed all instructions and im still getting QUIC Misconfigured. All ports are open on raspberry pi and router, I have performed a port scan and shows that port 28967 UDP and 14002 are open yet im still getting this error. I’m completely stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help.

I believe there is an error in the current version that QUIC may report that it is misconfigured, but it is not. Also, QUIC is apparently not that significant right now, so you should be alright if everything else is working alright. It may work itself out over time.

1 Like

Thanks of that information was driving myself nuts trying to work it out. Is there anyway of confirming that it is actually working?
Cheers

If you see that your node is online on the dashboard, then it’s working.
You may also check logs to see that uploads and downloads are happening.

Node says offline and QUIC misconfigured. I have have completely exhausted everything. I Must be doing something stupid. Attached is a results of port scan. I have checked the RPi and the ports are open. I have checked my switch and router rules and port forwarding is setup for 28967 UDP and 14002 TCP & UDP. Port 14002 works so why is Port 28967 not?

Capto_Capture 2023-11-15_12-12-54_pm

Thanks
Efraim

If it says that it’s offline, then you need to check everything from this list (QUIC misconfigured is a consequence of the offline issue):

port scan on the local IP is useless, if port is closed on your public IP (if you have it all). So, please check everything from the list above.

Thanks @Alexey I checked through and it was a very interesting thing that fixed it. Port forwarding of 28967 UDP was set up on the gateway and when port scanning externally port 28967 wasn’t open yet when I changed the Port Forwarding rule to 28967 TCP / UDP the node when online straight away. So it was just a small change in the port forwarding rule that fixed it for me. Go Figure.

Anyway thank you for all your help.

1 Like