Multiple 2TB nodes or a Single 10TB node?

Please don’t use the migration guide as an excuse to cheat the vetting system.
The Migration Guide to Other Hardware (the disk in particular) was originally designed for those who have a full disk and would like to expand the space provided, or to migrate to less power-hungry hardware like the Raspberry Pi.
Of course, this guide can be used not only for the reasons mentioned, we do not limit it.
However, what you are suggesting is an option to bypass the vetting system to reduce the amount withheld and get the node up and running immediately without vetting later on. This is does not have a high priority right now, moreover there is a probability that we may change the vetting system, at least it’s discussed.

So the bypassing vetting system should not be a reason to run multiple nodes, especially on the same disk.

I can cite only this:

This is still a requirement, however the penalty is not so strict as was before.
Now your node will not be disqualified immediately as it fail to commit to this requirement. But there is other penalties as well, like suspension and losing data while your node were offline.

And I agree that our protocol should be updated to make breaking of other aspects of ToS economically not viable, like it was done for restriction for 1 node per 1 IP or all nodes should use the same wallet.

I propose to stop here, and not start a new circle of discussion of the same and return to the original topic - which is better a lot of 2TB nodes or one big one.

1 Like