Multiple storage nodes

Anyone relating to multiple nodes without dockers nightmare please could you help me with this topic:

A post was split to a new topic: Start my second node on qnap

Hello, i have this errror on my second node:

anyone can help me?
I have new identity
This is docker command
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28968:28967
-p 14003:14002
-e WALLET=“0xxxx”
-e EMAIL=“xxx.com
-e ADDRESS=“xxx.ddns.net:28968
-e STORAGE=“600GB”
–mount type=bind,source="/share/chia/storj2/Identity2/storagenode2",destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source="/share/chia/storj2/storage",destination=/app/config
–name storagenode2 storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Hey Roberto, are you able to tell if you are seeing this rate limit error for other satellites, or only for 1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE?

Hello Moby,
is the same for all

Please, check your DDNS hostname, is it updated? Please, compare the IP from log with IP on Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router , they should match, otherwise check is the updater for your DDNS address running or configured on your router?

Roberto,

I just looked up your node ID in our Satellite databases, and it looks like your node has not successfully been contacted by the satellite since its creation. I am not sure how far back your logs go, but is there any instance of a failed “ping satellite” that is not due to rate limits?

Also, am I correct in assuming that contact.interval in your storagenode config is set to 1 hour?

As always Alexey is right. The problem is port forwarding. On the router I opened both ports 28967 and 28968 but the first is open, the second is not …
I have to fight with the router

if you use windows then also need to open windows firewall, it not always in router.

I’m on qnap with docker

Please, check your DDNS.

nslookup xxx.ddns.net 8.8.8.8

(replace xxx.ddns.net to your actual DDNS address)
It should return the same IP as on Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router and as WAN IP on the status page of your router.

The second check would be

grep -c BEGIN /share/chia/storj2/Identity2/storagenode2/ca.cert
grep -c BEGIN /share/chia/storj2/Identity2/storagenode2/identity.cert

Should return 2 and 3 respectively.

The next - you need to allow 28968 in the firewall on your QNAP (or maybe on your router too)

The storagenode should be running to check its port on yougetsignal

Thanks to @moby and @Alexey for the support, the problem was DDNS. Following Alexey’s instructions I was able to solve the problem. Now the second node is online

2 Likes