My Node is OFFLINE for 2 hours

Hello @wunderbaer,
Welcome to the forum!
Please, start from there:

Thanks for redirecting me. I read through this earlier but it seems all correct imho.

Port shows open (after docker has launched - prior to that it’s shown closed which makes sense for me as no service in runnning on this port).

All identity files are in place:

The Archive file was used as I created the identity on a different machine due to lack ofm raspberry power.

Anything else I could check…?

Yes, your ADDRESS option, it should have an address with port, for example -e ADDRESS=your.ddns:28967
Also, your DDNS address should be resolved to the same public IP as you can see on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/?port=28967 and the same as your WAN IP on your router.
To check your DDNS: nslookup your.ddns 8.8.8.8, it should return the same IP as your public IP and your WAN IP.

This is the script I am using to start the storagenode:

Port seems to be open:

Still the dashboard shows offline:

Anybody who can help me understand this error message:

Unrecoverable error {“error”: "bootstrap node error: STORAGE : 12ChqH5FxHK3X2o5pR9L3yp8JzAzGHFUNwLAUMmknTaKQY9ZQFd unable to fetch unverified peer identity node address bootstrap.storj.io:8888: transport error: context deadline exceeded;

Thanks in advance

Please, check the identity one more time

docker exec -it storagenode grep -c BEGIN /app/identity/ca.cert
docker exec -it storagenode grep -c BEGIN /app/identity/identity.cert

Also, make sure that there is no other firewall, for example on your router.
If you have one - please, make an incoming rule to allow any traffic from the any source and TCP 28967 and your pi as a destination.
If that firewall has an outgoing filters as well, then make an outgoing rule to allow any traffic from the pi to the the any destination.

see the output of the two commands below!

“ufw” was disabled on the pi for testing purposes. I even temporarily disabled the firewall on my router for both v4 and v6 - no difference! :frowning:

there is another error message in the log files:

Please, try to change the DNS to the 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 and restart the container docker restart -t 300 storagenode

1 Like

This error indicates DNS lookup failure. Specifically, the host is rejecting the request and saying that UDP port 53 (DNS) is not open.

Storagenode is trying to use the server 192.168.2.152, which either isn’t the right DNS server for your LAN, the DNS service on that host is down, the DNS service is misconfigured in some way (such as not listening on that network interface), or there is some intermediate firewall that is returning an ICMP connection refused error instead of allowing the packet through.

Double-check that the DNS server’s IP address is correct and that the DNS server is running. (Using 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 may also work as suggested by @Alexey, if your edge router allows forwarding DNS traffic outside of the network – though I would try to troubleshoot why your local DNS server isn’t working, as you should really fix that instead.)

This may be why your node is offline as well, if it can’t look up the bootstrap server’s IP address.

2 Likes

Weird, the DNS resolve works just fine, see below:

All my nodes (I have several raspberries) are using my router as DNS (192.168.2.1) and it’s working fine. Is there a way to tell the storj node specifically which dns to use?

damn you were right, it was a wrong dns entry in /etc/dhcpcd.conf :frowning:

Everything is working fine now…

Thanks a lot for your support guys!

However there is a new error coming up in the logs:

Any ideas what this means?

2 Likes

This is one of the common errors listed in this topic:

@cdhowie actually, it’s not currently.

@wunderbaer I would suspect your error to be a temporary one given you hadn’t yet received any data. The reason I say this is the ID provided after Node Not Found is your own. Likely, the satellite is just finding out your node exists and that’s the resulting message. That being said, I don’t know for sure if that’s the cause of the message.

@Alexey can we get confirmation on what the Nodestats errors mean please so we can update the wiki post? Thanks!

Veddy

My bad. On first glance I thought this was the “untrusted satellite is trying to get data about my node” error.

An easy mix-up. No harm done in the end. Either way, I believe his error should be a temporary one.

Yes, it’s a temporary error, it should be gone after a while.

I do have the same problem since I created my storagenode :

run command :
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET=“0x69e92E4074b5D5B6CF224846518C7bC9E0ea93B5” -e EMAIL="myemail@provider.com" -e ADDRESS=“blahblah.blahblah-box.ch:28967” -e BANDWIDTH=“120TB” -e STORAGE=“1TB” --mount type=bind,source="/home/sylvain/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="/media/sylvain/storj/",destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

Port redirection is set and working.
I tried to remove / recreate docker node with no difference.
I checked and files are created in destination folder so it is not a rights issue.

I can’t figure out what is the problem :-/

my log :

Sorry can’t copy/paste (it says I cannot have more that 2 links in my post)