My Node Will Not Update

So all nodes should behave correctly.
I am going to revert the removal for now, with the tradeoff that the verbose error logging in the logs comes back.

Soooooo the dashboard scares all docker users? Maybe rolling out the update first and deleting the node afterwards would have been wiser? :wink:

1 Like

We are in a fairly tricky spot. We have other threads about users complaining a lot about the verbose error logging.
As my storage node was already updated, i checked that the change worked successfully and forgot, that we didnt reach 100% yet.
The satellite was added back just now and within the next restart or refresh interval of the node, the dashboard should be fully functional again.

2 Likes

yep file version of storagenode.exe is 1.13.3
when i try to run “storagenode-updater.1.14.1 run” in a command prompt
I get : FATAL Unable to find storage node executable binary.

anything different I should be doing to get it to update or should I just be waiting for the auto update?

Can you provide me with the logs of the updater?

I presume there is nothing that shouldn’t be public n the file, perhaps you can remove it after if so…

back online again BTW

Either way is fine for me I just wanted to report in case people come to the forums freaking out there web dashboards are all reporting offline which will happen, I still use CLI dashboard so its all good.

Can you please remove the file:
C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode-updater.1.14.4.exe ?

done - also have a 1.14.1

Please also remove that file :slight_smile:

done 1.14.4 has magically reappeared now

Thats how it should be. It hopefully now updates correctly!

and so that will be sometime in the next few days - correct?

The updater should restart itself once the download is complete. Please check the most recent logs of the updater.

last five entries
Downloading versions. {“Server Address”: “https://version.storj.io”}
2020-10-09T12:58:15.409+1300 INFO New version is being rolled out but hasn’t made it to this node yet {“Service”: “storagenode”}
2020-10-09T12:58:15.409+1300 INFO Download started. {“From”: “https://github.com/storj/storj/releases/download/v1.14.4/storagenode-updater_windows_amd64.zip”, “To”: “C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\storagenode-updater_windows_amd64.226128834.zip”}
2020-10-09T12:58:20.101+1300 INFO Download finished. {“From”: “https://github.com/storj/storj/releases/download/v1.14.4/storagenode-updater_windows_amd64.zip”, “To”: “C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\storagenode-updater_windows_amd64.226128834.zip”}
2020-10-09T12:58:20.233+1300 INFO Restarting service. {“Service”: “storagenode-updater”}

It now lists 1.13.3 and online. Thanks for fixing my fears :smiley:

1 Like

That looks perfect, exactly as expected.
Can you also check the storagenode logs?

They have been updating fine with no errors the entire time. I’m on the road and it’s hard to access all time where the webpage is not, only reason I was concerned. This is what the logs have looked like though.
“12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB”, “Action”: “PUT”}
2020-10-08T20:20:56.976-0400 INFO piecestore downloaded {“Piece ID”: “2STQ4ECYADQNLVA23F6D353YEXL4LYWKWZ5NXHGXDLO6TO4RE27A”, “Satellite ID”: “12rfG3sh9NCWiX3ivPjq2HtdLmbqCrvHVEzJubnzFzosMuawymB”, “Action”: “GET”}

I’ve actually got a tonne of errors in that log but from what i can gather that is not unexpected at the moment.

I should also mention, i have several thousand files sitting in the unsent folder going back to 5th Sept - not sure if that’s normal or not

Please follow these steps: