I have three nodes that aren’t full, one of which I started yesterday. As with all my new nodes, I like to look at traffic figures to make sure that everything is working.
Comparing the new node to the other two non-full nodes (node C is new):
- Node A: avg 119 KBps standard ingress
- Node B: avg 120 KBps standard ingress
- Node C: avg 30 KBps standard ingress
So the new node is receiving 25% standard ingress in comparison. This is still higher than the expected 5% for an unvetted node (not that I’m complaining) but comparing repair ingress traffic is way more interesting:
- Node A: avg 36 KBps repair ingress
- Node B: avg 37 KBps repair ingress
- Node C: avg 67 KBps repair ingress
The new node is receiving nearly double the repair ingress traffic compared to the vetted nodes. Is there something in the repair process that prefers unvetted nodes as destinations for a repaired segment?