New Public IP changed and brought down my node

Setup
Windows 10 Laptop running with Ext HHD on F Drive
Working fine for 8 months

Events
-6 Weeks ago, I noticed my Node was offline.
-After Troubleshooting various error messages, It occurred to me that my public IP changed
-I also noticed the local IP of the laptop changed. From 192.168.0.133 to 192.168.0.128
-I made changes to the config, to get he node “Online”
-Once I got the node Online, I received 4 emails that my node has been suspended, each with a different satellite name. “Your Storage Node on the europe-west-1 Satellite was suspended because it was offline too often during audits.”
-So for the last couple of weeks, the node has been “Online” but in the Suspension&Audit section of my Node Dashboard, it has the little Red Triangle in each of the 6 satellites (Possibly because the Online percentage is less than 30%)
-In my logs I also have this Warn Message 6 times, diff satellite id’ "2021-12-22T07:01:13.503-0500 WARN contact:service Your node is still considered to be online but encountered an error. {“Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEU84Ticf2L1ntiuUimbWgfATz21tuvgk3vzoA6”, “Error”: “contact: failed to dial storage node (ID: 1Jqr75Z3UicxURkXm2SZw6eE3MFqvxFUVzd9aLeu3ZacphUU9u) at address MyPublicIP:28967 using QUIC: rpc: quic: timeout: no recent network activity”}
"
-Looking up this error says to enable UDP in Docker, and Starting the run Command.
-I don’t think I use Docker

My Questions-
1- Is my node ok? just need to wait for Susp&Audits percentages to go back up
2- Do I need to fix the UDP Error? “contact: failed to dial storage node”
3- Is my node Suspended, do I need to contact Storj folks?

I would like to get this working properly.

Hi @Bofessional,

Yes, wait it out assuming there are no other errors. 6 weeks is a long time so the node may be disqualified shortly, but until you get that notification the recommendation is to keep it online.

You don’t “need” to fix it but it is now recommended as some node traffic is UDP, not only TCP.

You don’t need to contact Storj. What are the suspension, audit and online percentages in the dashboard?

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply, and answers!

Attached is the screen grab, hopefully it shows

I took some earlier screenshots of the Susp & Audit, so hopefully i will see an upward trend soon.

Yes, so this is just a waiting game to see if the Online score keeps increasing and returns to 100%…

1 Like

I went ahead and added Inbound Rules for UDP for both the exe and the node.
I’m thinking this should not hurt anything, but potentially fix the Error message. Fingers Crossed :slight_smile:

You can check using Pingdom or check in the log the next time the node restarts.

1 Like

You should also go ahead an manually set a static ip in windows so it wont change if you reset your router or it renews and it gives a new ip.

2 Likes