New storagenode on Synology DS220+; choosing filesystem and some ROI estimates

Assuming this is really for Storj only I would create a basic volume on each disk and run 2 separate nodes on it. Using any form of raid just wastes half your space or causes your entire node to fail on a single disk failure.

Either should work, but you’re not really going to use advanced features of btrfs. Perhaps just go for ext4 as a tried and true option.

Never, this will save a lot of write op when file walker or garbage collection is busy

As desired. You shouldn’t let storj use more than 90%. Setting a warning at 95% can help catch issues should your total usage grow beyond that anyway for any reason

I don’t think this option is available on basic single disk volumes with ext4. Should you go with another setup and this is available, I would enable it.

Same as above, but should you choose a raid setup anyway, choose lower impact on performance option

Not sure what this one does, does it provide more info?

Yes, unless you have unreliable power and no UPS. This will significantly help with performance, but ungraceful power downs risk damaging your data. Usually not vital for storj as one or two missing pieces isn’t a big issue, but databases could get corrupt which is more nasty. If you can’t ensure ungraceful power downs don’t happen, disable this and take the performance hit.

Enable

For earnings estimates over time check this topic: Realistic earnings estimator