New us2.tardigrade.io Satellite!

This is how our new feature works, too. We’re building this precisely to make uploading big files easier.

8 Likes

My node just updated and now I am seeing US2.

It was actually my grafana dashboard that alerted me to the update as I saw the RED in vetting that caught my attention:

2 Likes

Some of my nodes already have it in the dashboard.

us2

1 Like

Is it normal that I haven’t gotten any data from the new satellite ?

It just went live. You were expecting data from the first second?

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure we’ll see some activity soon.

3 Likes

I was just wondering if something was up with my nodes, I’ve changed quite a bit of stuff lately.
But you’re right it makes sense that it doesn’t start uploading straight away.

Consider freezing your Grafana boomtable-panel plugin to 1.3.0 so that No Data errors don’t appear on your dashboard.

1 Like

Is this normal?

Yes, not receiving data from a new satellite right away is normal.

looks like data has started flowing from this new sat:

3 Likes

Same here I got some data of US2 on 2 nodes.

I already got 12 audits on us2 after about a day. It seems to be vetting waaay faster that europe-north with even lass data on the disk.
Is this caused by design ?

1 Like

it is because new sattelite has les data, so it audit it more often.

1 Like

Well it’s mostly because you have a bigger part of the data on that satellite. When you join a satellite that already existed, other nodes hold almost all the data. But on a new satellite everyone has an equal share. So when data is audited at random, you get just as many audits as everyone else.

4 Likes

Got it thanks for the explanation !

yep, makes sense. of my three nodes, node 1 has received 10.9 MB and has had 16 audits, node 2 has received 12.1 MB and has had 9 audits, and node 3 has received 11.6 MB and has had 2 audits…

My 20GB overused node is unfortunately not vetted on us2. Is that normal for nodes that store more data than allocated?

If it’s overused then I think that it didn’t get selected for uploads, didn’t get any data and thus can’t be audited.

3 Likes

@LinuxNet yes, this would be normal. Without free space to hold the vetting data, the actual vetting process cannot start.

3 Likes

Yep, agree with the previous two posts. Looking a audit counts, specifically my newest node, which was started on 22Jan2021:

Looks like since it was the only “vetting” node I have, it received a decent amount of data from this new satellite and has already surpassed my Node 2 and 3 in number of audits.